Text messages not being delivered!

Guest mosschops

Guest mosschops

Hi All

Wondering if anyone else has been having any problems text messaging other Orange users? I am on Orange and so is my friend - I would say 1/3 of text messages being sent are not delivered. Orange charge for delivery reports these days so that I don't want to put that on every message and dont seem to have caught one not delivered with report switched on. This is a very annoying problem and luckily my friend isnt paranoid!!! I have compad my sent items list to her inbox and messages either side have no problems, but quite a few are not being delivered, no failure or anything.

We have tried the usual switching off phones etc and this has been going on for a week or so now.

Is anyone else having similar issues or know how to resolve this? (I know 02 are having problems, but this is Orange to Orange)

Thanks

EDIT___________________________________________________

Further to the above, I have spoken to Orange CS who have kindly sent me the settings over SMS to my SIM again (although there was nothing wrong with settings in the first place!). Still happening - in fact I have managed to catch one with a delivery report now too. The message before and after this has been delivered OK - yet this one is still in status "waiting" for delivery report to come back!

Edited by mosschops

Previous topic has been deleted as it was obviously incomplete.

This used to be a problem for orange years ago (although cs would never admit it!) I'm not having problems with o2 texting people that are on orange.

Guest Confucious

They used to get through..... eventually.

Years ago they could take upto a couple of weeks to get through, which is why me and a mate both left Orange.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robin-kernow

I also have been having problems sending/receiving/delayed texts, since April this year. Before that no discernible problem but since occasional probs to two O2 users, and to/from another Orange user. At the time I'd just got a replacement handset from Nokia (long story) and thought that was the problem.

Spent ages trying to sort it with customer services... whose engineers would wait until test messages went through and then get CS to call back and say 'all was working fine' - after days of not working it was very grrrrr! Another time CS said there was a UK wide issue but 'now resolved', and so it goes on.

Now I'm unable to call customer services to find out if there's a problem again... line is cut off, whether from mobile or landline.

Curiously the problem has always seemed more acute on Mondays and Tuesday mornings - but it's Wednesday today and still text not getting through. I'm on PAYG and a low user - are they unprioritising us and trying to force us on to contracts?

Guest Confucious
Now I'm unable to call customer services to find out if there's a problem again... line is cut off, whether from mobile or landline.

I'm impressed! Is this a new low for Orange?

What number are you calling?

Guest Mark

07973100150 works fine both from my BT line and my o2 phone...

I agree though, Orange do need to sort themselves out. They use several different message centres (+447973100973 & +447973100974 & another one which I can't remember now..) which sometimes causes a problem with receiving from one or all of them. Unfortunatly there is no way to choose which centre it goes through.

Guest robin-kernow
07973100150 worked from my T-Mob phone - must be just you!

It cuts straight out with 150 on mobile, with full number on landline I get to key in phone number and security number - then it cuts. Same with old (still active) SIM. Thanks for trying though. The other quoted 07973 numbers are non-existent/dead - just tried.

Since posting I've had a phone call and 2 texts from 2 separate Orange users, but not to/from the problematic one (as expected Mon/Tue/Wed). Unfortunately no way of knowing until Saturday if this time it's because the other phone's been dropped in a mug of coffee or worse - sob - I'm suddenly being avoided! If I could get through to Orange I would assume something like that, but as I can't...

Guest Mark

The other numbers that I quoted are SMS Centres, you cannot call them!

Your phone should have +447973100973 set as the message centre but the orange system (Much in the way that T Mobile does) will route it via whichever message centre it can.

Guest robin-kernow

big big oops!

150 etc is the pay monthly number for Orange CS - 450 is the payg number, and works fine... and probably did yesterday too. I just saw CS written in the book and dialled without looking at headings!

And, they say, there were no network probs in this area earlier in the week... so apologies for taking up people's time.

Robin