9 replies to this topic

Sergeant Pluck

Sergeant Pluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond on T Mobile
Hi all

I am having real difficulties with this phone's internet access. I am fairly new to this so please make any advice fairly simple :D

I am able to initiate an HSDPA connection. However, I am often unable to move from this to actually display web pages - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I often get a message: "Cannot connect with your current settings...". At other times it is fine.

More specifically I seem to have lost the ability to access my Gmail via the email service.

Is there some kind of problem at the T-mobile end???

Advice appreciated on how to describe / work through / resolve this.

Generally I must say I am a little disappointed with this phone. I often cannot get things to work that other people seem to have no problem with - e.g the Gsen utility posted here will not work on my phone.

The main reason I am disappointed is battery life - so poor that it really limits the phone's usefulness. I went for this phone as I needed something with WM for Outlook sync between work and home. I really wish I didn't need that as it would open up a range of much better phones.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
I find that my Diamond is *really* poor for signal quality, i've only had it a few days though so i'll see how it goes. I've found that when it does lose signal though it can need a full soft reset to recapture it, the same goes for the problem you describe, which i've also encountered.

GSen i have downloaded but am as yet to have tried out. Battery life is on par, 24 hours on HSDPA, 36-48 on GPRS. I struggle to believe anyone who claims better than that! On the other hand HTC have managed to achieve this with a battery 450mAhrs less capacity than the equally performing Kaiser!

I still exist

Sergeant Pluck

Sergeant Pluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I have the Gsen working now, and the "mute on turning face down" which I could not get to work previously. It remains to be seen how useful these things are to me :D but I at least like to have the option.

Yes, sensitivity to signal is poor for such a high spec phone.

I still suspect that there is some kind of problem at the T-mobile end with data. Have not figured it out yet.

My main current concern is that I am unable to get a Gmail email account to work, despite all the settings I can think of being correct. :(

And in this day and age a phone should come with sufficient capacity to last a few days, whatever one is doing with it. I am not going down the route of a large battery as this completely negates one of my main plus points for this phone, a compact size and shape. I'd rather invest in an extra battery. The price being asked for the replacement back for the large battery is a joke considering the production costs of a simple piece of plastic.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Just tried my GMail account, worked fine over IMAP using both imap.gmail.com and imap.googlemail.com (incidentally i'm on TMob too). Battery is disappointing but not unexpected unfortunately :D

I still exist

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,345 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
GMail (and hosted GMail) fine here!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

wardy

wardy

Been around a while

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@bjwardie
Untick the proxy setting in T-mobile Internet in advanced network config . also change your user name in the same settings to user and password to wap . this will sort your issue out. I bet you cant connect to msmn either.

Cheers Wardy

HTC Tytn II

Sergeant Pluck

Sergeant Pluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I do believe that has sorted it out! :( Many thanks. Could have sworn I had user and wap in there before (put in manually) but I downloaded the "missing T-mobile" .cab and that must have put in other values.

Cheers :D

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,345 posts
The 'official' T-Mo settings include that proxy, but it does tend to cause issues!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis
Does modaco still run the alternate proxy?

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,345 posts
Yeah...

P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users