Turn off sleep mode when receive e-mail/txt...

Guest D8LOM

Guest Mr Alom

Hi All, :D

I've just upgraded to a cooked ROM (again) from XDA Dev over the weekend and managed to get all my settings and tweaks for my Kaiser as I like it. The only thing I don't like is, when I receive an e-mail or a text message I noticed my device does not wake-up, it rings and vibrates (as I want it) but stays on sleep mode.

I was wondering if someone could please assist/point me to a tweak or setting I haven't figured out for it to come off sleep mode when I recieve a message?

Thanks in advance.

Guest chucky.egg

Which ROM are you using?

I have the opposite "problem" (it's the normal behaviour I think) where the device DOES wake up on a new SMS, but not on an email.

I don't want it to wake up for either.

I've not been able to find anything positive, but I found a reg setting which may work (didn't seem to for me, but I'll try again)

Possible reg tweak

edit

Nope, I've set that registry setting again and it hasn't worked.

I'm using a Kaiser ROM though, and the setting was from a Diamond ROM IIRC

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest Mr Alom
L26's Diamond V9 for Kaiser

Mine's doing the exact same thing but I'd like the phone to wake up when I receive an e-mail! (just like when I get a text message).

No, not appropriate for what I want but thanks and please notify me if you come across a reg tweak for what I want.

Possible reg tweak

edit

Nope, I've set that registry setting again and it hasn't worked.

I'm using a Kaiser ROM though, and the setting was from a Diamond ROM IIRC

Guest hateus
Hi All, :D

I've just upgraded to a cooked ROM (again) from XDA Dev over the weekend and managed to get all my settings and tweaks for my Kaiser as I like it. The only thing I don't like is, when I receive an e-mail or a text message I noticed my device does not wake-up, it rings and vibrates (as I want it) but stays on sleep mode.

I was wondering if someone could please assist/point me to a tweak or setting I haven't figured out for it to come off sleep mode when I recieve a message?

Thanks in advance.

If you tap the start menu and go down to setting, click on the phone icon, then scroll at the bottom over to data is the box ticked?

Guest Mr Alom
If you tap the start menu and go down to setting, click on the phone icon, then scroll at the bottom over to data is the box ticked?

I can't see the data box to tick. I'm using L26's WM6.1 Diamond V9 ROM, I've only got Phone, Services, Network, Internet, PIN, PIN2, Time zone and more at the bottom after clicking the phone icon. :D

Guest chucky.egg

That check box turns off data when the device is asleep (effectively disabling Direct Push while the device is in Suspend)

Won't fix your problem, and will stop you receiving emails unless the device is on

Guest Mr Alom
That check box turns off data when the device is asleep (effectively disabling Direct Push while the device is in Suspend)

Won't fix your problem, and will stop you receiving emails unless the device is on

Yes, I had a feeling it was nothing to do with my problem.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...