Disassembling the E650

Guest Matthew850

Guest Matthew850

I am trying to put a new screen into my E650 but can't seem to get it open. Does anyone have a guide to getting access to the screen? I've looked everywhere and all i've found is the service manual but that tells me how to disassemble the entire phone not just get to the screen. Is there a user-made guide out there?

Guest huwwatkins
I am trying to put a new screen into my E650 but can't seem to get it open. Does anyone have a guide to getting access to the screen? I've looked everywhere and all i've found is the service manual but that tells me how to disassemble the entire phone not just get to the screen. Is there a user-made guide out there?

Hi

Having just taken my e650 apart to change the casing , you will have to dissasemble most of the phone to get to the screen. I would follow the service guide its pretty accurate.

Guest huwwatkins
Okay I've managed to follow the service manual and have the new screen in now. (The screen was cracked). Thanks!

It looks harder than it is to do, its more fiddly than anything.

Guest CJ Rowlands

Ive had to replace my screen (it cracked, big surprise) but i actually found it rather fun and a bit easy

sadly the screen i got off ebay was damaged, so im just left it out and now im using my phone via my pc through Mobiler

its rather interesting really :D

sadly, my phone now has no screen and looks rather odd. lol

• 1 year later...
Guest londonarnold

Hi There,

I need to replace the screen on my e650 too...........

I need the service manual but cant find it on google....

I would be so grateful if someone could direct me where to download it.

Regards,

Arnold,

London, UK

Ive had to replace my screen (it cracked, big surprise) but i actually found it rather fun and a bit easy

sadly the screen i got off ebay was damaged, so im just left it out and now im using my phone via my pc through Mobiler

its rather interesting really :)

sadly, my phone now has no screen and looks rather odd. lol

• 4 months later...
Guest indtram

hi !!

would love to get my hands on the disassembly guide....

need to change the housing of my VOX.....

any help will be appreciated....

Thanxxx

Guest tobbbie

If you never did a dis-assambly you should not start with the VOX. If you want to try, here are the basic steps from my memory:

1. remove battery
  2. remove the 2 visible screws there - including the one covered with a black warranty mark. You need a Torx 0.6 for this
  3. now comes the delicate part - you need an old Credit Card or alike plastic tool, sturdy but not too hard (no metal).
    Insert it between the keyboard cover and the housing at the long side in the area of the screws. Once you are in, slide the card around to free the frame completely. It will be hard at the top of the phone where the camera is - do this part last. When all sides are free, then be careful when removing the back cover as the camera block is very tight in the cover.
  4. once the back cover is gone, remove the camera block - two more screws. One part is glued a little to the PBA - be careful when removing.
  5. Now you can remove the PBA which is not fixed anywhere but connected via a flex-cable with the other half of the device. Slide it half open and fix it in this position. The flex cable is "snapped in" in the socket on the PBA and to remove it for the first time you need to carefully lever it up from left to right with a plastic tool. Both sides are fixed/glued a little to little rubber blocks to the PBA. After it snapped off you can continue.
  6. Now you see the 4 little screws that hold the frame - remove them and take off the frame
  7. Now you have the Front part + slider with the flex cable coming out. Remove all 6 screws (2 different types) and remember where they have been.
  8. Same procedure for the front frame with the credit card, start at the SIM slot or the SD slot when inserting it. Open the SIM door and leave it open. Removing should be much easier than for the other frame. Be careful when removing the cover + slider to leave the flex cable intact.
  9. Now comes the last part: changing the LCD. I only did this once and it was quite some time back - so only one advice here for the flex connection of the LCD. To remove the cable you need to flip-up the little plastic lock that goes from left to right on the connector where the cable is inserted. This is very delicate - be careful!

Hope I did not miss anything - Good Luck!