• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Hoopy

Hoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario
The end of the stylus has come off on my M3100 and the stylus is now stuck inside the phone. I rang OrangeCare (care? Yeah right) who told me they do not repair, but only replace phones and as the phone is in usable condition (I suggested it wasn't as the stylus is not working) they will not touch it.

Any ideas how to get the stylus out without breaking warranty/t & c?

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Devices:Acer dual sim thingy..

The end of the stylus has come off on my M3100 and the stylus is now stuck inside the phone. I rang OrangeCare (care? Yeah right) who told me they do not repair, but only replace phones and as the phone is in usable condition (I suggested it wasn't as the stylus is not working) they will not touch it.

Any ideas how to get the stylus out without breaking warranty/t & c?

I've done this and removed the old shaft with needle nosed pliers. Push the remaining stubb of plastic into the stylus shaft, then open the jaws in the hole it creates in the shaft and gently ease out pressing the jaws to the sides.

M.S

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Orange muppets, what a weak argument! It clearly should be replaced since part of it - the stylus - is unusable!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Hoopy

Hoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Orange muppets, what a weak argument! It clearly should be replaced since part of it - the stylus - is unusable!

P

I'm challenging them on it as the insurance T&C say:
"Phone means A mobile telephone or device approved by Orange for connection to its network consisting of a handset standard battery travel charger SIM card and other equipment purchased by You as part of a standard package and agreed by the Insurer."

Since the stylus is part of the standard package, it means that the fault should be repaired by them.

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Since the stylus is part of the standard package, it means that the fault should be repaired by them.

Is it really worth it? You can get it out yourself and buy a new stylus ( genuine voda V1605 ones on fleabay are a couple of quid) for a lot less than their £15 orangecare administration charge...

M.S

Hoopy

Hoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I've done this and removed the old shaft with needle nosed pliers. Push the remaining stubb of plastic into the stylus shaft, then open the jaws in the hole it creates in the shaft and gently ease out pressing the jaws to the sides.

M.S

Tried that - there's a small portion of rubber left in the shaft, but not enough to get a strong enough grip to pull it out.

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Tried that - there's a small portion of rubber left in the shaft, but not enough to get a strong enough grip to pull it out.

Push the plastic ( it's not rubber ) hard and it will fall away into the shaft. Or use a soldering iron and gently melt it away until there is enough metal exposed to grip onto the shaft. Oh-er.

M.S

Hoopy

Hoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Push the plastic ( it's not rubber ) hard and it will fall away into the shaft. Or use a soldering iron and gently melt it away until there is enough metal exposed to grip onto the shaft. Oh-er.

M.S

Or go to the nearest Orange repair centre, explain the problem, hear them say ring Orangecare, call Orangecare suitably annoyed (again), and get a new handset delivered to your home the next day.

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Or go to the nearest Orange repair centre, explain the problem, hear them say ring Orangecare, call Orangecare suitably annoyed (again), and get a new handset delivered to your home the next day.

Hope you backed it up / saved your texts / pics / contacts etc.... and heaven help you if you've activated tomtom more than once in the last 6 months!

Personally for such a simple issue easily fixed I wouldn't have bothered with orange care. Next time you ring them with a real issue they'll charge you the £15 even if they didn't this time...

M.S

Hoopy

Hoopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hope you backed it up / saved your texts / pics / contacts etc.... and heaven help you if you've activated tomtom more than once in the last 6 months!

Of course! And I don't use TomTom - no need for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users