Touch Diamond to roll on to Orange and T-Mobile this weekend?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spangelsaregreat
They usually apear at around 2am tuesday mornings !!! That when the websites updated.

Rik :D

Good, I can check when new baby wakes me up for her feed!!

Guest ~Rob

I'm due an upgrade so I'll give them a ring in the morning. I need to go into the city too so I'll drop by both Orange shops just in case

Guest Fegan
It was in my local orange shop today.

£69.99 on £30pm tariffs.

£29.99 on £35pm tariffs.

I point out my local orange is in a really small town.

Guest spacerace
I point out my local orange is in a really small town.

I've never known a phone rollout like this. Orange CS have no date on the system, some Orange stores have had it for a few days and other stores are 'expecting' it but can't say when for definite.

Guest penguin
I've never known a phone rollout like this. Orange CS have no date on the system, some Orange stores have had it for a few days and other stores are 'expecting' it but can't say when for definite.

it sounds like one of their earlier smart phone roll outs to me i forget which one now, was either the SPV C500 or SPV E200 i forget now though :D

but i remember it being abit of a farce. Orange strikes again?

Guest smartmove08

I am currently with T-Mobile and just debating whether to switch to Orange (as I'm now out of contract) when the Diamond becomes available as Orange seem to be offering a much better data deal than before. I remember Orange trying to charge for MSN messenger use a few months back (might be wrong on this???) through a re-branded MSN install. Does installing the Live package availabe on xda-developers etc.. stop me having to use the Orange MSN and pay for it?

Guest Monolithix

Well Orange would have sent out their initial batch to the top 30 or 100 stores (as mentioned above). So those stores will know they're about and be able to sell them. All the others will not know when they're arriving until they get the delivery, due to the fact they'll only be sent out once they get a new delivery at the central warehouse.

No different to any poplar new handset tbh :D

Guest spacerace
Well Orange would have sent out their initial batch to the top 30 or 100 stores (as mentioned above). So those stores will know they're about and be able to sell them. All the others will not know when they're arriving until they get the delivery, due to the fact they'll only be sent out once they get a new delivery at the central warehouse.

No different to any poplar new handset tbh :D

maybe. i've never rang CS and found them to have less information than the stores though, especially on a phone that has actually shipped. and Fegan's local store doesn't sound like it's in the top 30-100 in the country!

Guest ~Rob

Just phoned 150 to upgrade and as expected they don't have it. She also said I have to wait a few weeks before it becomes available on upgrade :D

I might head in to the city later to see what they say. I can't wait another couple of weeks now! It's just teasing me!

Guest spacerace
Just phoned 150 to upgrade and as expected they don't have it. She also said I have to wait a few weeks before it becomes available on upgrade :D

I might head in to the city later to see what they say. I can't wait another couple of weeks now! It's just teasing me!

Let me know if you find anything, I'm in London on Thursday and could do the upgrade before going to the cricket..

Guest Chocolicious

I just rang 150 and they now have more ifnoramtion on the device including pricing and specifications, which usually means days to weeks for the officialy release.

I was also told that on the 35 Combi plan I could get it for free on upgrade, can I get a "Hells Yeah"!

Just rang my friend at T-Mobile who stated its a week away from release as T-Mo testing had issues with the Opera browser not downloading on Web + Walk.

Edited by Chocolicious

Guest spangelsaregreat
I just rang 150 and they now have more ifnoramtion on the device including pricing and specifications, which usually means days to weeks for the officialy release.

I was also told that on the 35 Combi plan I could get it for free on upgrade, can I get a "Hells Yeah"!

Just rang my friend at T-Mobile who stated its a week away from release as T-Mo testing had issues with the Opera browser not downloading on Web + Walk.

Hi,

Just rang the upgrades team and the lady I spoke to said it was still on the coming soon list but she did not have any figures for it.

I called a couple of local T-Mobile shops, the first said he had an email that morning stating it will be in at the beginning of August, the second one just said the end of the month.

Its great when a company has a consistent message to its customers!! T-Mobiles would appear to be "we don't have clue".

Regards

Guest ~Rob

Looks like neither Orange shops in Norwich are performing too well as they didn't have one. They did however have a note on the intranet saying it will be in stores by the end of the week. I'm on a contact list in one of the stores so will be called as it comes through.

T-Mobile (unsupprisingly) didn't know.

An interesting note is that I was 3rd or 4th on the list for the Diamond and somebody has put their name down to get a call when the X1 is in stock! :D

Guest spacerace

I'm down on the Ipswich list but who knows if they'll remember to actually ring... I'm hoping for tomorrow but Thursday is looking most likely I guess..

Guest ~Rob

Modaco local anyone? :D

I'm praying for tomorrow, but the retail stores are looking towards the end of the week.

That said, if some stores already have some, we're just waiting for enough stock to supply the country, so if that arrived Monday (a day plucked from the air) then Tomorrow would be feasable

Guest jimbouk

I'm kinda glad I live In Richmond... as it seems half of Modaco membership have already filled the Orange shops lists from Southend to Grimsby.

Guest Leaskovski
Hi,

Just rang the upgrades team and the lady I spoke to said it was still on the coming soon list but she did not have any figures for it.

I called a couple of local T-Mobile shops, the first said he had an email that morning stating it will be in at the beginning of August, the second one just said the end of the month.

Its great when a company has a consistent message to its customers!! T-Mobiles would appear to be "we don't have clue".

Regards

GRRR!!!!! BLOOMING SETFOCUS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Leaskovski

Guest Leaskovski

OH FFS!

And again!!!

GRRR!!!!! BLOOMING SETFOCUS!!!!!!!!!

You know you should really apply a maximum number os posts you can do in a certain time! lol

I hit reply then I wanted to type a message so i started typing then hit return to start a new line, by that time the setfocus had kicked in and bomb, ive posted already!!!

GRRRR!

Edited by Leaskovski

Guest Leaskovski
Hi,

Regards

Thats because they never really received the emails! Its all spin and usual rubbish just to get you to hang on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.