FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

For more information contact:

Konstantin Kalinin

VITO Technology

Tel +7 905 9544145

[email protected]

Winterface – Cool & Fresh Breeze in the World of Windows Mobile Interface

Highly customizable Shell to improve standard WM interface

July 7, 2008 - VITO Technology releases Winterface - a major breakthrough in the world of Windows Mobile interface. Winterface is the Next Generation Shell for Windows Mobile comprising the options of a launcher, a task manager, and a multitude of Today plug-ins. Winterface gives the user unprecedented freedom to easily lay out interface exactly the way they like it.

winterface01.jpgwinterface02.jpg

As a shell Winterface removes the necessity to turn to default Windows Mobile interface: Today screen and Start menu. Winterface opens instantly whenever users draw a simple gesture on the screen. It allows users to have as many screens as they need and put on them icons for applications, settings and contacts.

winterface03.jpgwinterface04.jpg

The screens are flipped through with sliding finger gestures. The icons for such applications as phone, sms, email, battery, clock, calendar, memory, etc. - all show relevant information and thus replace a number of Today plug-ins.

winterface05.jpgwinterface06.jpg

As a launcher Winterface features one tap launch of any installed applications and settings. A tap on a contact icon opens a menu with contact details from where you can call, send text message, email, browse URL, etc.

winterface07.jpgwinterface08.jpg

As a task manager Winterface lets you easily switch between running applications. A fixed icon on the first screen lets users see running programs, switch between them or close them.

winterface09.jpgwinterface10.jpg

It is very convenient to organize icons on screens by a certain topic. Users can set up a screen with favorite contacts, a screen with most used applications, a screen with icons-indicators (battery, memory, calendar, clock, etc.), and so on, as far as their fantasy goes! Icons are easily moved on the screen and between screens by drag’n’drop gestures.

winterface11.jpgwinterface12.jpg

Winterface is available for $19.95 at Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device. There is also a free 14-day fully functional trial available as a cab or exe installer.

VITO Technology Inc. is known for its innovative products in the field of Windows Mobile and Symbian software, GPS navigation and custom projects. Introduced in this press-release Winterface is a next generation mobile shell for Windows Mobile touch screen devices.

###

© VITO Technology 2008. All rights reserved.

EDITORIAL COPY AVAILABLE upon REQUEST

Useful links:

Download desktop installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.exe

Download mobile (on-device) installer: http://iwindowsmobile.com/files/Winterface.cab

Program page: Winterface - Next Generation Shell for your Windows Mobile device

PS If you like this application, download it, try and post your comment, whatever it be: positive or negative. Then get in contact with me (use info from the title), tell me where you posted your comment and you will get a free copy of Winterface.

Guest stesa

tried to install it (via .cab) on my diamond , program wont start. icons in program folder show the gesture needed but also doing it don't start

Guest rameses

Downloaded the cab and stuck it on my Kaiser. I've only played with it for about 20 minutes but I have to say I'm quite impressed so far. It's much easier to configure than the SPB Mobile shell.

I'll keep playing and add some more thoughts later. :D

Guest VITOkonstantin

Try to draw the gesture from the left edge of the screen to the right. And press harder, the screen is WM. not iPhone after all :D

tried to install it (via .cab) on my diamond , program wont start. icons in program folder show the gesture needed but also doing it don't start

Guest rameses

I've found one thing so far that's a bit frustrating. When trying to add icons to the main page I can get to 15 but then the 16th always goes on to the next page. I gave up after about 10 minutes. It's not a major problem just annoying.

Guest VITOkonstantin

Rameses, you know why this is happening? Try switching to the landscape mode and see the same page :D

BTW, I've updated Winterface at www.iwindowsmobile.con now. There is a trial of Winterface 1.01 available. Issues we faced:

- lags in settings screen when adding settings icons on some devices

- dublicate icons of settings in the settings list upon adding on some devices

- contacts displaying only first names in the contact liist upon adding

- unlock bypass by gesture

- bluetooth icon indicator on lock screen not appearing

Guest rameses
Rameses, you know why this is happening? Try switching to the landscape mode and see the same page :D

Aha! Makes a bit more sense now. It's still a shame though that it can't reorder the icons on the change of orientation, but I can live with it. I'll have a go with the new version too.

Guest chrisba

Hello!

I have installed Winterface on my MDA Touch XL 2 hours ago.

Installation was easy and successfull. Great work!

It looks and works great.

A few points on my wishlist: ;-)

- i don't need a keylock on my touch, because if i push the top-button, or after a certain time, the light switches off and all keys are locked. Normally if i push this button again to wake up my phone i'm able to use it - with winterface i first have

to move the slider. so it would be nice if this function could be disabled from settings-menu.

- is it possible to put functions as for example screen-rotate, light-dimming to the menus?

Guest VITOkonstantin

Chris,

The lock screen is not simply some rip off from iPhone that makes your device look special. There is a good functional behind it. When you first turn on your device you see this lock screen. It is transparent and beneath you can see the icons including the icons-indicators that show some actual information like missed calls, new email, sms, clock, battery, memory,etc. We're going to make more of such informative icons that take you to the settings of the corresponding system settings but at the same time show you the actual info (say, cuurent bettery charge or active phone profile or something else). So, the point is to have a look and answer a missed call for example. But if no action required you do not want any accidental launch which is highly probable if there is no lock screen. So, we spare you all the hassle of accidental launches and then returning to the actual first screen of Winterface. The point is lock screen is fun :D

Two other suggestions are very sound and I will add them to the wish list. Meanwhil you can add a system settings for Portrait/Landscape mode from settings and do rotation via two taps (versus one on the icon when it is ready). Light-dimming goes beyond saying. :(

Guest mwright
Hello!

I have installed Winterface on my MDA Touch XL 2 hours ago.

Installation was easy and successfull. Great work!

It looks and works great.

A few points on my wishlist: ;-)

- i don't need a keylock on my touch, because if i push the top-button, or after a certain time, the light switches off and all keys are locked. Normally if i push this button again to wake up my phone i'm able to use it - with winterface i first have

to move the slider. so it would be nice if this function could be disabled from settings-menu.

- is it possible to put functions as for example screen-rotate, light-dimming to the menus?

Yep - got to agree here.

In fact I have removed Winterface because of this! THat might sound trite but I really don't need the lock, especially as (at least for me) it is quite difficult to unlock using it

Guest James

Tried it too, i would def like to see the 'slide to unlock' function removed or at least an option to remove. overall it looks very nice though! :D

Guest Kaaeed

Hi Guys

I tried Winterlock too. I like the overall look of it and the feel for it but for me the

Positives are:

Many buttons on a single screen great

Like the feel and swipe action

Easy to use and configure

Negatives

Lack of a today screen where you can see a little information about upcomming appointments, alarms, weather etc is missing.

Its an application that I am definitely going to keep an eye on and see how it develops but sticking to spb mobile shell for the minute, but its definitely worth considering.

Kaaeed

Guest amostan

I have just downloaded and install it. Just using for a while and I feel great as it is much easier to navigate using my fat finger.

Guest garrote

hello,

i have just a question. i have the version 1.02 and the icon calendar dont show the date or the day as in all view a can see over the net ?

Do u have an idea how i can change this.

Another question is how can we ad an icon of a program who is not in the list in the menu ?

thanks in advance.

Jose

Guest Panos7

I also tried it on my kaiser.

The icons have perfect size for finger use!

Only addition i would like to see, is an option to remove the unlock slider and a menu where i can put custom notifications (missed calls sms/mms/email, notes, etc, in the way i want, like sms first, callendar second, then mms, then missed calls...).

Overall, it's a quite nice and "clean" app.

Edited by Panos7

Guest VitOlga
i have just a question. i have the version 1.02 and the icon calendar dont show the date or the day as in all view a can see over the net? Do u have an idea how i can change this.

I can't reproduce the bug. Or, perhaps, I didnt get you right. Could you explain ot once again?

Another question is how can we ad an icon of a program who is not in the list in the menu? thanks in advance.

Try this:

Using file explorer (or equivalent) just simply choose the program you want an icon for (in Winterface) then “copy” it. Then goto the “windows/start menu/programs” directory and “paste shortcut”. (I miss-typed in the previous message saying “settings”. No “settings” directory.. put them in the “programs” directory). Then after that, what I do is rename (tap-hold-rename) the shortcut to whatever name I like.

Note: there is no need to keep the .lnk extension. WM knows all.

Then just fire up Winterface and touch “menu” then touch “applications” and VIOLA.. there they are!

I also tried it on my kaiser.

The icons have perfect size for finger use!

Only addition i would like to see, is an option to remove the unlock slider and a menu where i can put custom notifications (missed calls sms/mms/email, notes, etc, in the way i want, like sms first, callendar second, then mms, then missed calls...).

Overall, it's a quite nice and "clean" app.

We've got this wishes on the list.

Guest napat_P

Ever since I started using my HTC touch, I don't like the interface by windom mobile 6 and being eyeing iPhone to be lanched...who knows when it will be lanch.

Then my hubby downloaded this software and I being using for a week. I love it alot as I can see my favourite icon in my page.

Thanks & Cheers

Guest armsy1

I downloaded it yesterday! I think i'ts a very good application, although I agree with others on here, the slide to unlock function can be a little annoying. I may get used to it in time though.I like the fact you can pin contacts to the front page a phone them straight from there.all in all very good!Neil

Guest garrote

Hello, what i mean is that with the icon calendar it is not show the day and the date (see pic attached)

And when i copy the programs as you tell me i dont find them in menu programs !

Tx

jose

post-1735-1217416259_thumb.jpg

Edited by garrote

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VitOlga

A new version has just come out:

New features:

1. New start up gesture. Instead of "rainbow" upside down tick "^"

2. New gesture to close any current application "v".

3. The ability to add separate files on the screen.

4. New applets: Calendar and Tasks show the number of upcoming events and tasks

5. The ability to disable lock screen feature.

Fixed bugs:

1. There is no ability to delete Menu and Running.

2. Bugs with battery and bluetooth were also fixed.

Winterface_news1.1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if the developers have ever tested the program on a Touch Diamond. It's so hard to use because of screen sensitivity. The tick to start the program is very difficult to do with a finger. When you're in the program, it's very hard to actually press the buttons because once you put your finger on the screen it starts sliding.

Also, I'd really love to put a wallpaper behind the buttons.

Edited by aydc

• 1 month later...
Guest cayndeh man

I had it installed on my diamond and it works fine as long as you turn touch flo 3d off on the items tab on the today settings

I have mainly used it on my samsung Omnia and it works very well the best ui i have used on it and i have tried a few.

the screen lock is good but a bit boring so i turned it off and used s2u2 (a free screen lock) so i could put a wallpaper but other than that a must have piece of software 5*

Guest asrrin29

Hi, I downloaded the trial of your program and it is very clean and professionally done. however I have a few things I would like to ask questions about.

1. Is there a way to add a background image, and if there isn't, are you planning on adding this feature in a future release?

2. I would like to see a way to customize the icons for the defaults like the clock and system memory, etc.

3. What weather application works with Winterface to allow you to see weather info inside the thumbnail? I see reference to instructions in the help.htm, but I cannot find a weather app that it refers to.

Also just a quick note, I don't know if this is intended or not, but I use S2U2 as a lock application and it seems to auto-disable your own unlocking program, so that the two don't interfere.

If you can take these ideas into account then I can say that this is one of the best UI shells for WM that I've seen. thumbs up!