Some reasons why you'll want to flash the T-Mo ROM on your MDA Compact IV with a generic one!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest acabbie

I'm waiting for this on t-mobile with baited breath!!

With my MDA compact 3 i was able to restore the standard config by hard resetting then immediately doing a soft reset thus stopping the t-mobile progs from installing. Would this be possible with the diamond/C4 ? I'm really not a fan of pink :D

Guest l3v5y
I'm waiting for this on t-mobile with baited breath!!

With my MDA compact 3 i was able to restore the standard config by hard resetting then immediately doing a soft reset thus stopping the t-mobile progs from installing. Would this be possible with the diamond/C4 ? I'm really not a fan of pink :D

Probably wouldn't work as the T-Mo customizations are probably built into the ROM rather than the ROM customizations applied after a hard reset...

Guest acabbie

Thats a shame, i was hoping it would be easy to do as i'm not sure about messing with the rom......the only time i've done that was upgrading WM to version 6.

It seems daft to remove one of the more interesting apps from the phone, i was looking forward to messing with youtube without hassling around with the browser.

Guest l3v5y
Thats a shame, i was hoping it would be easy to do as i'm not sure about messing with the rom......the only time i've done that was upgrading WM to version 6.

It seems daft to remove one of the more interesting apps from the phone, i was looking forward to messing with youtube without hassling around with the browser.

I'd guess they don't want us stealing bandwidth!

It's possible (in theory) to create a cab from the OEM packs extracted from the ROM.