Syncing with Outlook on Vista Mobile Device Center

Guest LeiChat

Guest LeiChat

I've done a hard reset as it just seemed to hang, but it's still doing the same thing.

Following the steps in the user manual, it's connected fine, set up a partnership, but then displays "Syncing" on Mobile Device Center and the notification icon is animated on the phone but the progress bar on both remains at zero. :D

Any ideas please?

I've tried limiting the items I want syncronised to just Contacts, but that didn't help.

Guest LeiChat

Was worth a try but sadly still no joy.

I removed my old device partnership before connecting the Diamond, is there anywhere in Outlook itself that I need to do the same?

I have version 6.1.6965 of Mobile Device Center.

Installing the one available here: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

Edited by LeiChat

Guest LeiChat

Ok, think I've cracked it.

In Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC

you can untick "Enable advanced network functionality".

That seems to have done the trick.

Guest jimbouk

With that ticked, its an IP network connection - with it unticked, its a USB connection. Which would suggest your firewall was blocking it before.

Guest Kaaeed

Thats a great observation.

I got a new Vista laptop and had to re-synch everything again. I did this before I installed McAfee and my 5,000 calendar appointments (7yrs worth) too just over 2-3 hours to do.

I have had to re-synch all today and its taking well over 6-7hours with McAfee now installed, this is still faster than my old XP laptop when it would take 16 hours

Guest jimbouk
Thats a great observation.

I got a new Vista laptop and had to re-synch everything again. I did this before I installed McAfee and my 5,000 calendar appointments (7yrs worth) too just over 2-3 hours to do.

I have had to re-synch all today and its taking well over 6-7hours with McAfee now installed, this is still faster than my old XP laptop when it would take 16 hours

Do you really need five years worth of old appointments on your mobile?

Your PIM file must be massive.