Photo

TLR Diamond ROM 3 - based on 1.93.456.2 with uninstallable / updatable TF3D (Manila)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

James

James

AKA 'jlowap' MoDaCo Old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts
  • Interests:3D Mech Design, Music, DJing and drinking ;)
  • Devices:Desire HD & iPhon

I understand what your saying, but I'm talking about the 'Total' storage available not the free, mines increased, is this still the case?

Is your screenshot from a diamond or a compact IV? Whichever....you still got more than me.....damn you! :D :angry:

Its from a diamond but that wont matter... yes its still the same case, when a developer strips somthing out, its freed in used memory and also in total because the device no longer has to hold it in memory to re-install when a device is hard reset :(

hope that explains it :D

James Lovell

fatbutcher

fatbutcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Touch Cruise '09, iPhone 3G

Its from a diamond but that wont matter... yes its still the same case, when a developer strips somthing out, its freed in used memory and also in total because the device no longer has to hold it in memory to re-install when a device is hard reset :D

hope that explains it :D

I think I get what your saying, and I trust you cus you got a certificate!

So my next question is, does the Compact IV actually have less memory that the diamond?

neilrlsmith

neilrlsmith

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500

I understand what your saying, but I'm talking about the 'Total' storage available not the free, mines increased, is this still the case?

Is your screenshot from a diamond or a compact IV? Whichever....you still got more than me.....damn you! ;) :wacko:

I cant even get passed installing the signed or unsigned HardSPL. Says invalid vendor ID...

sahulik

sahulik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:QTEK 8310
Any idea whether I can use this ROM also for Touch Pro (Raphael)?

Thx, Martin.-

MidfieldGeneral

MidfieldGeneral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact iv
Hi,
ive got an issue with sending texts after installing Rom?
Quote 'Your text message cannot be sent. be certain that your service centre address is correct in settings and then try sending the message again.'

when i try the Settings-phone-services-voice/text messages- get settings
i get 'cannot read settings from network.'
Any clues?
try a different/earlier Radio perhaps?
cheers

FlashT

FlashT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC?
Could anybody tell WHAT do I really gain with this ROM? Why do you all update it?

MidfieldGeneral

MidfieldGeneral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact iv

Hi,
ive got an issue with sending texts after installing Rom?
Quote 'Your text message cannot be sent. be certain that your service centre address is correct in settings and then try sending the message again.'

when i try the Settings-phone-services-voice/text messages- get settings
i get 'cannot read settings from network.'
Any clues?
try a different/earlier Radio perhaps?
cheers

FOLLOW ON:

Fixed!! Found it was my dated SIM!!

Reado

Reado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:XDA Ignito
Anyone know what this ROM is like compared to other ROMs like SwiftBL and Dutty? I'm trialling all the ROMs at the moment, looking for the best one that's right for me.

Thanks in advance.

lobsterdave

lobsterdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile MDA Compact IV

Hi, in general I am well chuffed with this ROM. There is one niggle, though: I can't seem to be able to edit the Start menu at all. Is that a known problem? Or am I being dim? Apologies if it is the latter.

Ah well couldn't hold off any longer waiting for an updated T-Mobile ROM, have sucessfully flashed to TLR's Diamond ROM 3 and so far am very impressed its much slicker that T-Mobiles effort!! However, i also seem to have this issue, strangely the applications in the start menu also appear twice in the progams menu??

Thanks for all your hard work TLR. B)

fatbutcher

fatbutcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Ah well couldn't hold off any longer waiting for an updated T-Mobile ROM, have sucessfully flashed to TLR's Diamond ROM 3 and so far am very impressed its much slicker that T-Mobiles effort!! However, i also seem to have this issue, strangely the applications in the start menu also appear twice in the progams menu??

Thanks for all your hard work TLR. B)

Yeah, I get that too, but only in the touchflow programs menu

fatbutcher

fatbutcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Mr The Loan Ranger....not sure if you'll see this, but any chance you'll be releasing a 2.03 version of your ROM, which I really like!

FB

rupert_hollom

rupert_hollom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 7
Does this ROM contain the latest version of Google Maps, with the pedestrian routes?

Cheers,
Rupert.

merf99

merf99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact IV
I have installed the ROM, after some messing around with different SPL versions (ended up using HardSPL v1.40) but have noticed a couple of things:

1) I am also getting the multiple entries on the programs list
2) I also cannot edit the start menu
3) If I set the input as full QWERTY keyboard, it is accepted but just resets back to compact QWERTY every time.

I still like it though

ry2887

ry2887

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000L
I know this whole post is a bit outdated, but none of the links on the first post are functioning. Does anyone have any suggestions for new ROMS for this device? Do any ROMS work or is it device type specific (I.E. Devices with SIM cards versus devices without SIM cards)?

ortholithos

ortholithos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:HTC hero ; google nexus s

NOTE: ENSURE YOU READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST, PARTICULARLY THE 'YOU MUST READ THIS' SECTION!

Update: Looking for an alternative TouchFLO 3D / Manila style? View this post!

Introducing...

TLR Diamond ROM 3.08.07.16, based on the the 1.93.456.2 ME release (thanks Tom!) with the .05 radio.

What's In[list]
[*].net Compact Framework 3.5
[*]'Addi ... ... .,..
... ... ... ]

TouchFLO 3D has been repacked for this release to allow uninstall and future upgrade without a whole new ROM core. There are two implications of this.

1. When you do the first boot and it installs stuff, the TouchFlo install will appear to freeze, and will take a number of minutes to complete. Don't worry, it IS working, there are just circa 950 files to install! Be patient, and all will be well. Go get a beer. Talk to the wife. The watched pot never boils. etc. :lol:

2. If you want to uninstall TouchFLO 3D (from the regular remove programs) menu, you MUST disable it from Start -> Settings -> Today, and then you MUST be aware that uninstall will take a LONG time. Actually, not a LONG time but a REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG time. You will probably think it has crashed or isn't going to work, but have faith - it will. B)

Credits

Paul for AppToDate, everyone who installed the last ROMs, XDA-Devs for HardSPL & CustomRUU (Olipro, cmonex!). You all rock! B)

And Finally

If you find any issues, post them here and i'll do my best to fix!

Live install / update counter (unique users):

http://www.apptodate...R Diamond ROM 3

hello - sorry to go back in time. I need to revive my old touch diamond as second phone for use here and in europe.
It has the original 1.37.161.2 WWE build. (vodafone) Which of your roms should i use ?
(newbie - I'll flash my hero with modaco rom in due course. when I have tried it on the diamond.)

alex

thanks

Edited by ortholithos, 26 September 2010 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users