htc diamond review

Guest maclondon

Already seen that today (I'm sure the link was from here)

Anyways, I think HTC are held back by the OS but I can't see it improving greatly any time soon. It's the quirks that make it fun anyway! /denial

Guest maclondon
Already seen that today (I'm sure the link was from here)

Anyways, I think HTC are held back by the OS but I can't see it improving greatly any time soon. It's the quirks that make it fun anyway! /denial

i sadly have to agree 100% with it. which is why my diamond went str8 on ebay and i lost 100 notes in the process.

but its just a flawed product. the hardwares nice. the software is terrible.

all bling, no zing.

Guest maclondon
That should be the slogan for the iPhone :D :D :angry:

eh? iPhone interface is very flat, clean and minus unneccessary whizzes, flashes zooms and animations.

as is core windows mobile and original touch flo

its touch flow 3d that trys too hard

its like its been done by people that think powerpoint transisitions and animations are like, really cool.

Guest Monolithix

(Tried to post a comment on youtube but went over the character limit!)

I think it is unfair to knock TouchFlo3D based on the finger-unfriendly interface of WM6.1 underneath. That was designed with the intention of using a stylus. There was only so much HTC could do, and the video failed to show improvements such as the excellent on-screen finger-friendly keyboards. Overall Touchflo3D makes day-to-day interaction with common WM features far more pleasant than any previous WM handset, and on-par or better than a number of other manufacturers.

Knock MS for being behind the times as much as you like (it's true). But give HTC a break, the Diamond is better spec'd than a iPhone 3G and the interface is far from unusable (Moto, i'm looking at you!)

Guest jimbouk

I was setting up some iphone's on Monday and was disappointed how slow they were. I remembered them as quick!

If you do the various tweaks on your diamond, they are more than just usable.

Guest maclondon
I was setting up some iphone's on Monday and was disappointed how slow they were. I remembered them as quick!

i think the 2.0 software is a bit of a dog

Guest Neil5459
i think the 2.0 software is a bit of a dog

I suspect the T3D will impove quite soon- currently there are memory issues which cause its slowdown. Stopping T3D and restarting it always restores it's original speed, which in the later ROMs is good.

Even allowing for its quirks, the underlying phone is much better than a lot of recent HTC devices. Its size alone and the VGA interface along with the easy zooming using the scroll sensor, plus the fast processor make it a decent everyday device. Add the best camera HTC have yet released (especially i you take the back off, or remove the protective glass cover:) ) and it looks even better.

The iPhone2 is still much bigger, has major issues with Exchange Sync, no Office editing, or even Cut/Copy/Paste and a poor camera. Each to his own though- the press (and I suppose HTC to an extent) are wrongly promoting these as like for like competitors, when they are really aimed at different markets. The iPhones excellent interface will seduce casual users and the commuter/music/surfing market, but anyone wanting a small usable business and entertainment device would be better served with a Diamond or Diamond Pro

Guest Rapier

Not to mention the useless of GPS in iPhone (at least for me). I don't know any GPS programs that works on iPhone except Google Maps that is useless...all that I use (Garmin, iGO8) are for Windows Mobile and Symbian devices, others (TomTom, Route66) have no maps for my country (and I don't know if they work on Apple either).