Need help updating Samsung SGH-i600 to WM6

Guest Brunobiseu

Guest Brunobiseu

It seems I bought my i600 a bit too late...

Samsung has already removed the files/links to the WM6 official firmware update from their website... before the promotion deadline! You only get dead ends... :-(

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/net/sub03.jsp

Could somebody post a working Netherlands or Sweden (or similar...) WM6 update file?

Thank you in advance.

:-)

Edited by Brunobiseu

Guest Mysterious Stranger
It seems I bought my i600 a bit too late...

Samsung has already removed the files/links to the WM6 official firmware update from their website... before the promotion deadline! You only get dead ends... :-(

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/net/sub03.jsp

Could somebody post a working Netherlands or Sweden (or similar...) WM6 update file?

Thank you in advance.

:-)

UK file is still there. What stage do you get to? I can get to the 'enter your version number' page for swedish.

M.S

Guest Brunobiseu
UK file is still there. What stage do you get to? I can get to the 'enter your version number' page for swedish.

M.S

In any of the available languages I get to the point where you have three selectable downloads: ActiveSync4.5, Samsung modem driver and the Samsung i600 Firmware Upgrade. When I select any of these options, IExplorer opens a new window for http://fus.samsungmobile.com/I600/i600UXXupdater.exe and you get but chinese (?) characters and no downloadable file...

Help anyone?

Guest Dark Horse

Why don't you just use the MoDaCo Wiki here that has a direct link to the WM6 file? It might not be the Netherlands or Swedish firmware but you should be able to add the languages in later.

Alternatively, just could just stick with WM5, I never have understood the fascination for a .1 upgrade to a creaky OS that offers little more than a fisher price colour scheme and a few non-essential tweaks :D

EDIT:

Just seen your 17:18 reply, I have the file so can send it to you if you really want (can't post it here though). Alternatively, if you do a search on google, there are enough Rapidshare servers with that firmware :D

Edited by Dark Horse

Guest kaltses
Why don't you just use the MoDaCo Wiki here that has a direct link to the WM6 file? It might not be the Netherlands or Swedish firmware but you should be able to add the languages in later.

Alternatively, just could just stick with WM5, I never have understood the fascination for a .1 upgrade to a creaky OS that offers little more than a fisher price colour scheme and a few non-essential tweaks :D

EDIT:

Just seen your 17:18 reply, I have the file so can send it to you if you really want (can't post it here though). Alternatively, if you do a search on google, there are enough Rapidshare servers with that firmware :D

Hi there. I'm in exactly the same boat. I found the Samsung modem driver from an alternative site but was unable to find the i600UXXupdater.exe file anywhere else, Rapidshare or other. Activesync 4.5 can be downloaded from the Microsoft site.

Can you help me out as well?

Thanks.

Guest Dark Horse

For anyone who wants the i600UXXupdater.exe file, I've uploaded it to Rapidshare, send me a PM and I'll send you the link, don't think I can put this on the i600 Wiki though.

Please note, you must PM me if you want the link, any requests on this thread will be ignored.

Guest geckoquiver

have same problem here... none of the links are longer working... sent pm to darkhorse. thanks!

btw, if someone else have active links please send me PM thanks!

Guest Dark Horse
how to you get into flash mode its bugging me. how long do you hold it etc?

To enter flash mode/boot mode you must first turn off the moby. Then press three keys "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key/back key" together for a few seconds.

Is very straightforward, but if you're finding it difficult, try holding the right soft key and camera/back key first and then the power button.