What's wrong with this email config on T-Mobile?

Guest HTC-lover

Guest HTC-lover

I can receive email successfully on my new Compact IV, but for some reason, I can't send email. Which is bizarre, really.

(For obvious reasons, I've switched my real netidentity name for "blahblah"

My basic email set up is as follows:

Email address [email protected] (this is a US Netidentity account)

Incoming email address getmail.blahblah.com (account type POP3)

User name [email protected] (this is my correct US netidentity name) / Password

Outgoing (SMTP) mail server smtp.t-email.co.uk (box NOT ticked for outgoing mail server authentication)

(In Advanced Server Settings, boxes are NOT ticked for SSL for Incoming, nor for SSL for Outgoing, and Network connection is shown as T-Mobile Internet)

Finally, under advanced settings, box is ticked to send/receive when I click send, not ticked for automatic send/receive schedule when roaming, and the phone is sett NOT to delete messages from the main server.

Message format HTML, download limit 20kb

So, as I say, I receive email perfectly well, so something's working OK, the problem is that I can't SEND email. What am I doing wrong?

Guest HTC-lover
What error do you get?

Config looks right...

P

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I get this when the phone attempts send/receive.

"The message (s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

(At The status bar tell me that I've been connected to T-Mobile Internet (HSDPA) for the last 2 minutes).

Mike

Guest Chocolicious

I am experiencing the same issue with my email account but I am also experiencing it on my iPhone 3G but not using Outlook or Squirrelmail when sending emails.

Guest wardy

Ok , change the T-Mobile setup in connections

Change user name and password to User and Password wap

Now until use proxy but keep the connect to internet box ticked

Guest HTC-lover
Have you tried sending over your netidentity smtp's server (albeit with authentication) ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, I've tried it with Netidentity smtp (including auhentication) and it doesn't work with that either. Same error message.

Sigh....

Guest HTC-lover
Ok , change the T-Mobile setup in connections

Change user name and password to User and Password wap

Now until use proxy but keep the connect to internet box ticked

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for the suggestion but I have to admit that I don't understand what you're asking for. Can you talk me through the steps, please?

Mike

Guest Chocolicious

I tried that for myself but no joy. The funny thing is before I flashed the Loan Ranger ROM it worked fine with the stock

Guest wardy

Its the poxy sorr I mean Proxy server at T-Mobile end . Sorry did you do the above . I can take you through it step by step if you wish

Guest HTC-lover
I did the above but without no joy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's going to go back. This is daft.

After five days:

a) Can't get outgoing email to work, despite four calls to T-Mobile & the general wisdom of MoDaCo.

:D The phone charge doesn't last the day, despite very moderate use. If I was busy at work it would be dead by lunchtime.

c) The phone runs hot to the touch. Hotter than any phone I've ever owned (including the Nokia N95)

d) TouchFlo is clumsy and is very unreliable.

e) Lots of details are klutzy - from the keyboard through to search routines.

All in all, although the 3G performance has finally arrived, the interface feels as if it's a prototype which has been rushed into production (perhaps because of the launch of a competitor?).

Now what do I do?

Guest Chocolicious

I went on the T-Mobile website and configured my phone for email that way and I have been able to send emails since no problem.

THey ask you to fill out your email configuration and then they send you a config file to your phone.

I also got them to send me the config for my internet as well just to make sure that was not the issue so I couldnt tell you which one solved the problem but its easy to do both at the same time.

Edited by Chocolicious