Where are the Profiles???

Guest neilrlsmith

Guest neilrlsmith

Hi...just received my HTC diamond (having used WM5 on an XDA IQ) and can't find the short cut on the today screen to profiles. Am I missing something here as I cant seem to add it in the settings/today icon.

If there isnt one, is there a quick way to navigate to it? I cant believe they would miss this out. I need to change from outdoot to normal to meeting to silent loads of times in a day!!!

Have seen a pay add-on option but feel a little bit miffed to have to pay just to select my profile quicker.

Any ideas please?

Took me ages to work out how to make it ring and vibrate.

Go to settings -> Sound

Profiles are there and then scroll down to set the ring style/type

Guest Neil5459

There is no Profile Manager as such on the Diamond, but you can use the End Key menu to switch quickly between Vibrate and Normal.

Go ton Settings/System/Long Press End Key and select either to give a menu when you hold the End key (bottom Right) for >2 seconds, or to perform a specific action. As I frequently need to switch between Vibrate and Normal, I have mine toggle these by the long press.

Guest neilrlsmith
There is no Profile Manager as such on the Diamond, but you can use the End Key menu to switch quickly between Vibrate and Normal.

Go ton Settings/System/Long Press End Key and select either to give a menu when you hold the End key (bottom Right) for >2 seconds, or to perform a specific action. As I frequently need to switch between Vibrate and Normal, I have mine toggle these by the long press.

Cheers Neil,

I did have it set to keypad lock but have changed i too menu. Rather annoying this as I quite liked the short cut keypad lock as well. Bizzarre that it's been left out.

Guest jimbouk

Or just click the volume down key and then click on the volume you want, vibrate or silent...

That is the simplest way - and dead easy with large fingers.

Guest blackhorse
Or just click the volume down key and then click on the volume you want, vibrate or silent...

That is the simplest way - and dead easy with large fingers.

that would be my idea too