HTC TOUCH PRO RELEASE DATE?

Guest not_sure

Guest not_sure

So what there out and no update on the news page, come on modaco look sharp!! :D . So how why and where was lyfe able to buy them all.

Can anybody else confirm they have been released especially on t-mobile!!??

Guest Syphon Filter

I had an email from a UK retailer saying they would have them in on the 13th/14th of August and they were confident the release would not be slipping...only time will tell.

Guest not_sure
I had an email from a UK retailer saying they would have them in on the 13th/14th of August and they were confident the release would not be slipping...only time will tell.

oh ok thanks, would that be expansys ?

Guest Dr Who
For anyone interested, the Vario IV (AKA Touch Pro) is AVAILABLE now in the UK.

Tuesday there was an internal T-mobile memo indicating release yesterday. I checked back with them and T-mobile UK had 15 in stock (which I will admit to grabbing all of... sorry), but today they shipped the remainer of my order without any stock issues, so there are Vario IVs up for grabs, but likely in limited numbers for at least August.

I've got the first ones this morning, but not had much time to look at them yet. I did put in a 8Gb microSD and it reconised without a hiccup. I'm LANing over the weekend, but will try to find some time to have a proper look.

I'm paying £275+vat per device, but I get them at cost, so retail may be a fair bit more... if anyone want to negoicate, thats what T-mob will be paying, but dont tell them that you heard that from me.

First look shows that I will be moving from my trusty Ameo over to one of these. I'll be interested if they have improved the BT stack significantly.

Come on Lyfe, don't be a tease. Details, pictures, mini-review? Also, anyone know whether the SE-X1 will appear on TMob? I am assuming not.

Guest deadphill

Oh and FFIW, I phoned upgrades yesterday, and they knew nothing about it being out yet. Now I know this can be the case but she did go off and ask around for me. They don't even know about the phone yet, let alone offering it for sale. Has anyone had any success with this?

I have a "source" in T-mobile so I will check with them, but at the moment I am dubious.

Especially when this news is from someone that has just joined and has 2 posts to their name.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Chacu
Anyone actually seem one of these things yet? I'm wondering what its like from an ergonomic / tactile point of view. I know its a shade smaller than the Hermes, but is it so shiny that its slipery when held? I got my missus a new iPod Nano for her birthday which does just that - pops right out your fingers all on its own :D

:D

@pd.ryder,

have you seen these?

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=videoview-...nd-gui-hands-on

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=videoview-...rdware-hands-on

CU,

Chacu

Edit: Forgot to give the credits. I found these on XDA-Dev. They've got a thread going with all the videos listed.

Edited by Chacu

Guest not_sure
Go people still actually look at the release date on Expansys?

oh ok, so i guess we should or shouldnt look at expansys?

So i guess the only fact that we know is that a phone called the htc touch pro will one day be avaliable.

Where are all the htc and t-mobiles spies when you need them :D

Guest Syphon Filter
oh ok, so i guess we should or shouldnt look at expansys?

So i guess the only fact that we know is that a phone called the htc touch pro will one day be avaliable.

Where are all the htc and t-mobiles spies when you need them :D

Expansys are notorious for slating release dates and then pushing them several times. Sometimes through no fault of their own but sometimes it seems they do it on purpose.

A cynic would say perhaps they are just trying to bolster pre-order figures.

Guest not_sure
Expansys are notorious for slating release dates and then pushing them several times. Sometimes through no fault of their own but sometimes it seems they do it on purpose.

A cynic would say perhaps they are just trying to bolster pre-order figures.

oh ok, according to mobilewhack.com they are giving a date of 1st of next month

http://www.mobilewhack.com/the-htc-touch-p...ice-and-a-date/

So is devicewire and powerupmobile.com. Looks like theres a storm coming :D .

Guest Syphon Filter
oh ok thanks, would that be expansys ?

No this was from Inkino on TCR in London.

oh ok, according to mobilewhack.com they are giving a date of 1st of next month

http://www.mobilewhack.com/the-htc-touch-p...ice-and-a-date/

So is devicewire and powerupmobile.com. Looks like theres a storm coming :D .

Hrm, 1st of September seems to conflict with both what Expansys and Inkino are slating (13/14th of August). Meh, just gotta wait it out.

More importantly:

When the Hermes first came out there were loads of issues, mainly screen alignment and weird backlight problems. I don't recall any major issues for the Kaiser but perhaps that's because I didn't personally experience any. I just hope the first batch of Raphaels don't have any problems. I can't be dealing with sending devices back and forth etc.

Guest Confucious

I would be very surprised if it's mid august, neither Expansys nor Inkino are known for getting it right - they've probably been told it might, possibly come out then - but then pigs *might* fly.

As with all release dates, until it happens I wouldn't hold my breath, even if HTC think they will be able to release it on 1/9/08 they will probably be testing it right up until that date and if there are any problems the date will slip.

And once it is available, how soon / if it will be released on any network is another matter.

I could be wrong, but.....

Guest Syphon Filter
I would be very surprised if it's mid august, neither Expansys nor Inkino are known for getting it right - they've probably been told it might, possibly come out then - but then pigs *might* fly.

As with all release dates, until it happens I wouldn't hold my breath, even if HTC think they will be able to release it on 1/9/08 they will probably be testing it right up until that date and if there are any problems the date will slip.

And once it is available, how soon / if it will be released on any network is another matter.

I could be wrong, but.....

Very true. Until I can touch it it's not out!! Also the fact that HTC will happily delay launch if they find a problem is not a bad thing. Lets hope the QC really is a good thing.

I'm trying to remember when the Kaiser came out. Looking at the dates on the Expansys packing slip/invoice it looks like we were in to September before we started getting Kaisers. I'm guessing the Raph will be around the same time. Though mid-August would be awesome :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest armsy1

PurelyGadgets have them in stock now (Sim Free)

http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/prodinfo.ph...list=39~351~948

Current price £521.95

Comparing the price of the Diamond (Sim Free) £394 I was offered a Diamond the other day for £35 on my current contract on Orange, this Hopefully means the Pro will be about £50ish if and when Orange get them in stock