Orange become the second network to bundle "Free Laptops"

Guest Mark

post-69-1216809843_thumb.gif

As Expected Orange will be the second uk network operator to bundle free laptops with mobile broadband

As previously announced with 3 orange have become the next operator to launch laptops with mobile broadband.

Again the deal is subject to a 24 Month contract so works out rather expensive for the hardware that you actually get! The deal will only be launched directly via Orange Shops and the Orange Website.

For £25 per month Orange will supply the Asus Eee PC 900 with 3gb and 100 sms.

The other plans range from £35 - £45pm which offer different HP Laptops, with unlimited data and 500 free WIFI minutes.

The launch date is expected to be August.

Are these free laptop deals of interest to anyone? Lets us know your thoughts

Source - Mobile News

Guest Confucious

24 * £25 = £600

Asus EEE 900 is about £260 (from a quick google) which means £340 for the data and texts.

As you can get a Three USB dongle for £7.50 for 5Gb of data (18 month contract), unless you really can't afford the upfront cost of the EEE or really want 100 texts a month or need to be on Orange then signing up for a two year contract seems a bit of a gamble....

Guest jhenny
24 * £25 = £600

Asus EEE 900 is about £260 (from a quick google) which means £340 for the data and texts.

As you can get a Three USB dongle for £7.50 for 5Gb of data (18 month contract), unless you really can't afford the upfront cost of the EEE or really want 100 texts a month or need to be on Orange then signing up for a two year contract seems a bit of a gamble....

Good assessment, they always relly on consumers not doing research!

Guest Confucious

I meant to edit my OP - Three's USB dongle ONLY works in 3G mode - it does NOT revert to 2G when coverage is lost (unlike their phones) so maybe not as good as I suggested....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.