AT&T / Samsung adding White/Blue and White/Pink to the range

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
newbj1.jpg

newbj2.jpg
Most Windows Mobile devices look BORING. Grey plastic... black plastic... variations on that theme. There are notable exceptions, such as the gorgeous Red Blackjack II... and now it seems as thought the very svelte and well respected BJII is to come in two new colours shown here, white front with blue back (for the boys?) and white front with pink back (for the girls?).

I've long been tempted to import one of these devices (what with their European HSDPA support), but since I have a thing for white devices, the white / blue combo might just tip me over the edge :D

Thoughts? I think everyone should make interesting phones like these, well done Samsung!

P

[Via: BoyGeniusReport]

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Is the back still soft / leatherised like the BJII in red? Hopefully the cases will appear on ebay sometime soon, my BJII I inherited from a leaving employee is fairly marked on the back and I've been holding off a new casing.

M.S

Is the back still soft / leatherised like the BJII in red? Hopefully the cases will appear on ebay sometime soon, my BJII I inherited from a leaving employee is fairly marked on the back and I've been holding off a new casing.

M.S

To quote Joel J on the BGR thread:

They’ve been on sale for almost a week friend got one last week. They are ugly ugly!!! She is probably gonna take hers back and get an iphone. The back is smooth doesn’t have the fake leather texture, feels cheaper then the black or red version as well.

Oh well.

M.S

Guest jfreiman

I purchased the blue one and love it. I've had it for a few days now and everyone who sees it loves the color, well, all except one, but he has an iPhone. :/

I had the red one, but the screen collected with dust and I was told the warrenty didn't cover it. :D

I live the blue one more than I thought I would. The white and blue feels clean and fresh which is unusual for a WM phone.

Now only if it had WM6.1!!! What a happy day it will be when that gets released!!!

-John

I purchased the blue one and love it. I've had it for a few days now and everyone who sees it loves the color, well, all except one, but he has an iPhone. :/

I had the red one, but the screen collected with dust and I was told the warrenty didn't cover it. :D

I live the blue one more than I thought I would. The white and blue feels clean and fresh which is unusual for a WM phone.

Now only if it had WM6.1!!! What a happy day it will be when that gets released!!!

-John

I thought samsung were covering dust inside i600 / i607's under warranty so that seems unfair. Ddi you speak to samsung or AT&T? IT's fairly straghtforward to open the i617 to clean the dust out though.

M.S

Guest nickcornaglia

Kind of late in the game for a device that will probably soon be taken off of the shelves, hopefully replaced with new WM phones.

I wonder if they recall all of the stock that they have and replace the keyboard and covers just to sell off what is left. Smart move...but I wish they'd offer more colors when the devices are new(er).

Plus...I agree with Paul's penchant for white phones. they almost always look cool and different from the standard blacks and grays.

(Funny...Modaco or my ma corrected my spelling of GREY!)

Kind of late in the game for a device that will probably soon be taken off of the shelves, hopefully replaced with new WM phones.

I wonder if they recall all of the stock that they have and replace the keyboard and covers just to sell off what is left. Smart move...but I wish they'd offer more colors when the devices are new(er).

Probably cost more to do that than build new ones from scratch. I would hazard a guess these are 'closeout specials' to use up any unused circuitboards. Plastic can easily be re-used (casings etc), even the LCDs can live on in the next generation of the phone - a completed, populated, functioning circuitboard is harder to recycle and it would be against the law to dump them so they 'dump' them on us....

M.S

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.