AT&T or EUR

Guest newb2005

Guest newb2005

I bought a q9h online and I have a few questions about it.

1. How can I tell if it is a european model or AT&T. It does not have any AT&T markings but it was advertised as AT&T. It is currently running on AT&T sim and was not advertised as unlocked.

2. It does not show 3g when I am in an area that I know is 3g and my wifes sync show 3g. Could it not be connecting to 3g network or does the display not update? It has the option to choose which band it connects to and is set to auto.

ANy help would be appreciated. I have 2 days to decide to keep it or send it back. I really like the phone otherwise but I want to find a fix or get a different one. Thanks!

-------------------------->newb<------------------------------------

Guest Mysterious Stranger

1. How can I tell if it is a european model or AT&T. It does not have any AT&T markings but it was advertised as AT&T. It is currently running on AT&T sim and was not advertised as unlocked.

2. It does not show 3g when I am in an area that I know is 3g and my wifes sync show 3g. Could it not be connecting to 3g network or does the display not update? It has the option to choose which band it connects to and is set to auto.

ANy help would be appreciated. I have 2 days to decide to keep it or send it back. I really like the phone otherwise but I want to find a fix or get a different one. Thanks!

Google the FCC id on the imei sticker label and check which radio board /freq. is installed from the certification number. If it won't connect to 3g it may be the wrong UMTS freq. is present and your phone is 'euro' spec. Where'd you get it and how much did you pay?

M.S

Guest newb2005
Google the FCC id on the imei sticker label and check which radio board /freq. is installed from the certification number. If it won't connect to 3g it may be the wrong UMTS freq. is present and your phone is 'euro' spec. Where'd you get it and how much did you pay?

M.S

Ebay for $200

Guest GraemeCR

Guess, I'm a little late for your 2 day return cut-off, but just in case others find this thread....

Probably the simplest way to determine what you have would be to see what bands are available.

Since the EURO has W2100 and the US has W850/W1900, the presence/absence of these should tell the story.

Go to Settings > Phone > Networks > Band Selection

If Band Selection is not an option, there's a quick method to activate:

From Home Screen, type *#1546792*# and send (green 'dial' key)

Screen will indicate that Band Selection is now enabled.