BT and TomTom Hands Free

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

Hi

I am trying to get a TomTom 720 to work as a hands free unit with the i780. I have paired the units no problem and i can hear the phone through the tonton unit, but the other person cannot hear me clearly..... in fact hardly at all....

Has anyone else has any problems with this issue??

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Matt

Guest igalan

I have no problem with my car built-in hands-free, the other end hears me loud and clear (as clear as you can get with a car hands-free). But once my i780 is connected to the car-kit it will refuse to go into stand-by.

If you use the 720 as a hands-free, it should have a mic somewhere, check if your mount is blocking it or something.

Guest mattgod69

Cheers Igalan

I was actually holding the device so this was not the issue. Plus it could be heard, a bit, although it was very muffled.....

I have no problems with the Jabra handsfree i normally use, its just that if i get a 730, (the 720 is borrowed from a mate) it would be nice to have that feature working.....

Cheers.

Matt

I have no problem with my car built-in hands-free, the other end hears me loud and clear (as clear as you can get with a car hands-free). But once my i780 is connected to the car-kit it will refuse to go into stand-by.

If you use the 720 as a hands-free, it should have a mic somewhere, check if your mount is blocking it or something.

• 10 months later...

HI,

I have the same issue, i can hear the phone through the unit, but the other person cannot hear me clearly..... in fact hardly at all....

Any ideas yet?

Thank you!