Free Data

Guest rand

Hi All,

I just wanted to share some news about orange.. I had been paying £7.50 each month for the 30Mb of Data and decided to call orange as Tmobile offer 1 Gb for the same price. I have a great talk with someone in re-tentions and he upgraded me to the 250Mb for free and said i will not have to pay any extra for this anymore... now i was a little dubious about this but attached is a cut from my online bill. i am on the cheapest sim only offer as i always buy my phones directly.. so people get calling i for one am going to stay with orange for the FREE data now :D

post-57690-1218286150_thumb.jpg

Guest mcwarre

I take it that you did this in July (as you already have the bill)? Orange were offering 500MB free to all >£30 price plans in July but iirc have stopped it in August. Well done for getting 250MB on your current plan. Orange really need to sort their data access charges out in order to remain competitive.

Guest superdannyj
hi. no i spoke to them 2 days ago.. that is my august bill :D not bad though for 15 per month

I used to be on 500 mins for 25quid a month (which was matched to three years ago)

which got knocked down to 500 mins and 100sms for 20quid a month

and then the following year to 5quid a month which was pretty good,

but this year (Jan 08) I needed 3 handsets so got moved to venture 700 with 40% extra for going on 18month and a bonus 400 mins which comes to a total of 1380mins a month and 1000 sms's shared between three users (handsets were two tytn2 and one motorola) including orange care for 75quid a month inc vat, but no data.

I just called 345 and was told data is currently 3quid per mb but could have either 250mb bundle for one user @ £6.34 or 1gb single user bundle @ £17

and 250mb shared bundle was some silly price... i thought orange had capped data charges for daily, weekend, and week/month hmmmm....

It is capped at £1.50 per day, certainly on the personal customer tariffs (Dolphin, Canary...)

Looking at the business section it doesn't offer that on Solo or Venture, It is listed at £2.55/mb+Vat.

I would ask to leave and see what they throw at you.

Guest superdannyj
It is capped at £1.50 per day, certainly on the personal customer tariffs (Dolphin, Canary...)

Looking at the business section it doesn't offer that on Solo or Venture, It is listed at £2.55/mb+Vat.

I would ask to leave and see what they throw at you.

I tried that and they said since im only 6month into my 18month contract i would have to pay 550quid in order to leave... hmmm bah, orange used to be so good, but the last 2 years or so have not been as good as they used to.

But then again i dont use them for photo/video or data cos i use wireless, and if i had a data bundle id use it to send pics/video/voice/msn/irc rather than pay sms/mms charges. It would be nice to have some data tho

Guest Confucious
im only 6month into my 18month contract i

You stayed with Orange? Didn't you think of data 6 months ago? If you did you wouldn't have stayed with Orange....

Guest superdannyj
You stayed with Orange? Didn't you think of data 6 months ago? If you did you wouldn't have stayed with Orange....

I thought, "data is too expensive, ill just use wifi" but since people are getting 250mb free, i want some too!!!!