I have an HTC Touch from Rogers. Connected it to my laptop (vista) and all was well for a couple months. About a month ago, it just stopped working one day. It appears my laptop will no longer recognize when I have plugged the phone in (although it does charge).
I'm still able to sync via exchange thru wifi and via EDGE and GRPS, but it just wont recognize the connection on my laptop anymore. I've seen a few posts around about this, but none of the solutions in them have worked for me!
I have tried all of the following:
• Connecting via 3 different USB cables & 1 dock directly to USB port on laptop
• Connecting via 3 different USB cables & 1 dock via USB Hub into laptop dock
• On the Touch: Went to Settings > Connections > USB to PC and unchecked "enable advanced network functionality"
• On the Laptop: Uninstalled and reinstalled WMDC
• On the Laptop: Went to WMDC and then Mobile Device Settings > Connection Settings and ensured “Allow USB connections” is checked
• On the Laptop: Went to WMDC and then Mobile Device Settings > Connection Settings and tried both (checked and unchecked) “Allow automatic device authentication” and “Allow data connections on device when connected to PC”
Please, please, PLEASE can anyone help before I throw this thing against the wall!!!