I am looking for some advice on which phone I should get.
2 years ago I got a T-mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard), and loved it except for the size. Got it as I thought it might be a PDA / micro Laptop for me. However I found the small keyboard too small for a lot of use (was great for SMS, the odd email, and the odd piece of server remote repair).
Then around 6 months ago I got an unused HTC Universal, which I found to be a much easier device to be used like a laptop, but impossible to use as a phone (too huge for day to day use).
So I got a SE w810i as a phone, and used the Universal when I needed it.
I now have a small laptop (12" screen) which does me well when traveling, and the w810i which is fine for calls and SMS - so the Universal went back in the box. However I do miss having my daily appointments, meetings, etc easily visible on a mobile device.
Whilst the HTC Diamond looks lovely, what I'm looking for is going to mainly be calls, SMS, task list, and the odd email
So in short, ideally I am looking for a device that fits the following:
- is Windows Mobile
- no "proper" keyboard (like Wizard or Universal), so thinner
- Will show me my current tasks / calendar entries
- Reasonable size (Vario was OK except thickness)
- Am happy with the idea of touch screen, or physical keypad (so WM Pro or WM Std)
- 3G - will use as a modem on occasion with the laptop