Samsung Omnia i900 now available on O2 FREE and with goodies!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
i900onboxsmall.png
The Samsung i900 Omnia is available NOW on O2!

The spec-laden monster (that I got my hands on earlier this week), is available from the MoDaCo Mobiles store with FREE MoDaCo Plus once again when buying through our link, PLUS the usual unbeatable range of offers, PLUS - for a limited time - an extra gift, a Nokia 1650 with £10 Top-Up. The device is in stock to ship NOW with free delivery!

Price plans include:
  • Handset FREE on a £45 p/m tariff with £120 Auto Cashback or 10 months 1/2 price or Free 4GB iPod Nano or Free Jawbone Headset or Free Nintendo DS Lite or Free Photo Printer or £1.99 for 5 months
  • Handset FREE on a £35 p/m tariff with £20 Auto Cashback or 5 months 1/2 price or £1.99 for 3 months
  • Handset £29.99 on a £30 p/m tariff
  • Handset £89.99 on a £25 p/m tariff

No word yet on when / whether the i900 will hit the other networks, but watch this space!

MoDaCo Mobiles store

P

[Edit: Use voucher code 'AFBTH' for a FREE Jabra BT135 Bluetooth headset too! :D]

[Edit 2: It appears the networks are offering the 8GB model, not the 16GB model as previously thought]

Guest blackhorse

Launches tomorrow on Orange, handsets are already on route to our store

Edit.

Really didnt need to include original post!! lol

Silly me

Edited by blackhorse

Guest blackhorse

We are getting 9 sent to us and were a small store, where as the diamond we only got 3, i can see this been a good one!

Although its not cheap!!!!!

You must sign in store to a min £45+ contract to get it free

Guest starstrike
We are getting 9 sent to us and were a small store, where as the diamond we only got 3, i can see this been a good one!

Although its not cheap!!!!!

You must sign in store to a min £45+ contract to get it free

Apparently some guy got it free on £25 p/m on upgrade.. I doubt he is telling the truth (another forum) but I am sure for long standing customers of Orange they would do free on £35 p/m 18 months.. otherwise they arent competing with other networks!!

Guest WINWIZ
I had a play with one in Carnaby street this morning.. I have to wait until monday to get mine though =0

just called orange customer service and the handset is in stock ready to buy!

Guest starstrike
just called orange customer service and the handset is in stock ready to buy!

I need to get mine through the executive office so I need to wait until Monday morning 9am.. I hope they have some left in stock..

Guest Fizz_daz

makes me mad... orange phoned ME yesterday as my contract has come to an end an I can upgrade.. they had never heard of this phone :D

Edited by Fizz_daz

Guest starstrike
makes me mad... orange phoned ME yesterday as my contract has come to an end an I can upgrade.. they had never heard of this phone :D

Well tell them it is advertised in their stores like the one on Oxford Street I saw today (Don't mention it says £45 p/m but I think you get some data with that (250mb) or at least you bloody well should!!

Hi Paul, is the one being offered on modaco (mobiles.co.uk) the 16GB version?

I ask so b/c it says on the website at the end of the paragraph "...and with 8Gb of on board memory, you won't be short of things to do!". Under specs it's also written there's only 8GB of internal memory instead of 16gb.

Does that O2 deal offer unlimited data/internet usage? If not, would there be an option for add on?

Thanks. :D

Clarifying 8GB vs 16GB question, watch this space!

P

Hi, i just stumbled across this website/forum and i think its great :D

i was wondering whether you could shed more light on the 8gb/16gb question as im going to get this phone on contract later today and would prefer to know whether i should delay or not, as i have heard that the networks are only going to carry the 8gb version?

edit: and i was also wondering whether the htc skin (forgotten what its called) has actually been made for the omnia as i would love to put it on there

Edited by Mayhs

Guest Paul (MVP)

It does look like the 8GB version! :D

Some wires must have got crossed somewhere... not sure what the other networks (Orange / Vodafone) are carrying.

You mean HTC Home? I imagine it could be gotten to run on the Omnia...

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

I believe TF3D makes use of the specific hardware acceleration features of the Diamond, plus it's designed for VGA I would imagine.

Would love to be proved wrong tho :D

P

I believe TF3D makes use of the specific hardware acceleration features of the Diamond, plus it's designed for VGA I would imagine.

Would love to be proved wrong tho :D

P

same lol :D

im sure some developers can do something similar tho...just make it less GPU intensive i guess...

Guest starstrike
same lol :D

im sure some developers can do something similar tho...just make it less GPU intensive i guess...

I am sure the networks are offering the 8gb only at the moment.. I am getting the Orange version tomorrow but it is great that it is apparently sim-free =)

My package of appeasement from Orange was 650mb data, 500mins, unlimited txt 12 month contract with Omnia £25 p/m also ending a 12 month contract with Touch Dual 3 1/2 months early with no penalties..

Although Orange were outrageous and legally wrong, (they admitted so much verbally after 3 letter, 2 faxes and many calls) to charge me £678 for using 225mb of UK data over 35 days when they finally came around after constant pushing and also getting legal advice they were very ameniable!!

Edited by starstrike

I am sure the networks are offering the 8gb only at the moment.. I am getting the Orange version tomorrow but it is great that it is apparently sim-free =)

My package of appeasement from Orange was 650mb data, 500mins, unlimited txt 12 month contract with Omnia £25 p/m also ending a 12 month contract with Touch Dual 3 1/2 months early with no penalties..

Although Orange were outrageous and legally wrong, (they admitted so much verbally after 3 letter, 2 faxes and many calls) to charge me £678 for using 225mb of UK data over 35 days when they finally came around after constant pushing and also getting legal advice they were very ameniable!!

sorry about the hassle with the data charges but you got a great contract out of it :D

i was wondering, if i use gps software like garmin xt or something, how much data does it require to connect and then howmuch on an average 30 minute journey? as im not sure which network provider to go with, as orange offer 250mb of data whereas other network providers offer 1gb+...?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.