ROM Flashing

Guest nigzsingh

Guest nigzsingh

I'm a newbie when it comes to flashing ROM's etc., so I just wanted to know, where i stand with applications like Co-Pilot. I want to flash the TLR 3 ROM, but will i lose my Co-Pilot install and if i do, where can i get it again, as I just bought the product key, not any CD's.

If anyone know's where there's a guide about ROM flashing, and tweaking, that would be appreciated too :D

Guest Confucious

Very pertinant question!

I have literally just fired of anm email to ALK as i yet again failed to de-activate my CP before flashing. If you de-activate before hand you can just re-activate after otherwise you will have to email them for them to de-activate for you.

But without the CD how ill you reload? Is it on the hard drive of your device? in which case you should just be able to re-install it.

As for flashing, xda-developers is the place to go.

Guest nigzsingh

Thanks. Well, it came on my MDA C4, so I am assuming that it is on the Internal Storage. There is a folder there for Co-Pilot. I suppose this applies to all software installed on the Internal Storage, would it all need to be installed again, because as far i am aware, the re-flash doesn't touch the Internal Storage

Guest Confucious

Just drag and drop everything from your device storage - a backup on one ROM rarely restores properly onto a new ROM anyway but at least you'll have everything - but you will have everything!

Guest nigzsingh

Ok, I did all as i should have, flashed the TLR ROM following the guides n all, but i now have a problem. Well, a few. Firstly, the devices isn't faster by much, if at all. In the ActiveSync doesn't seem to want to update over the air, not connecting to the server. I'm using the same settings as previously when i had the original T-mobile ROM. It syncs when connected to the PC by USB, so :S And finally, more of an annoyance than anything, in the full programs list in TF3D, it has multiple entries for the Office programs, Messaging and a few others.

...help...?

Guest Confucious

You're probably better off posting in the TLR thread on XDA (I assume there is one) as you will find a lot more people who have tried that ROM.

With regards to the OTA synching, what error are you getting?

Guest nigzsingh
You're probably better off posting in the TLR thread on XDA (I assume there is one) as you will find a lot more people who have tried that ROM.

With regards to the OTA synching, what error are you getting?

Cheers, i'll give it a go. The error i'm getting is 'ActiveSync cannot reach the server. Check that the server address and proxy server settings are correct.' With support code 0x80072F78, but searching for that code on google, just seems like a generic one.

Guest nigzsingh

I've changed my ROM, now using SwiftBL Diamond v5.6 Fulland i've found it to be a lot better, more stable, quicker, battery's improved too. But the OTA ActiveSync problem is still there. I've noticed the YouTube app doesn't work either, but if i go to YouTube in Opera, it works in Streaming Media.

Also, being a dunce, i forgot to deactivate my Co-Pilot. But i can't find the program now, so i think i may need to call ALK :D

Guest Confucious
Time settings, mail accounts, signatures ....

I've always set my time and mail up manually and don't use signatures - sorry.

I'm not sure if something like spb backup would restore these to a new ROM - might be worth investigating?

Guest jimbouk
Also, being a dunce, i forgot to deactivate my Co-Pilot. But i can't find the program now, so i think i may need to call ALK :D

You won't need to.

It will re-activate on the same hardware no problem. Its only when moving hardware that it needs either deactivating. I flash new roms quite often and simply let copilot live reactivate each time.

Guest Confucious

If the device ID changes (which it seems to do very time I flash) then you need to reactivate but if the device ID remains the same you wont need to. I assume that the Diamonds are all from the same base ROM so the id doesn't change.

Guest nigzsingh

But, like i was saying, i can't find the installation. I have the data files on my Internal Storage, but the actual program isn't there. Unless you have any ideas where i can install from?

Guest nigzsingh

Sorry my friend, you are correct, there i no need to re-install, its still there, installed in internal storage. How do i add a shortcut to it in programs?