T-Mobile to Offer First Phone With Google Software

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton
thumb_18-Aug-2008_android-wallpaper1_1024x768.png

It seems that T-Mobile will be the first carrier to offer a mobile phone powered by Google’s Android software.

T-Mobile will be the first carrier to offer a mobile phone powered by Google’s Android software, according to people briefed on the company’s plans. The phone will be made by HTC, one of the largest makers of mobile phones in the world, and is expected to go on sale in the United States before Christmas, perhaps as early as October.

Could this be the start of a mobile phone war just like we see with Microsoft and Apple for operating system?

What are your thoughts on the Android mobile phone?

[Via: NYTimes]

Guest shadamehr

I'd be interesting in getting my hands on one of these once they are out, purely in the interests of usability testing etc. So I will have to see what contract upgrades I have coming up in amongst my many contracts...

As I have all but give up on WinMo nowadays to concentrate on Symbian - but to be fair, mainly because my focus and use moved from Business, and Syncronisation and Calendar, over to General Consumer, Bluetooth, file sharing, Camera, and texting.

And WinMo wins hands down on the former, but fails every time on the latter.

So would be interesting to see where Android fits in to this...

Business User, or General User, or a nice mix...

Guest Confucious
If I recall it correctly, they do design some handsets for Samsung (non WinMo).

I didn't realise that - but still, designing handsets for a direct competitor? Is that a good idea?

Guest tsutton
I didn't realise that - but still, designing handsets for a direct competitor? Is that a good idea?

I'll see if I can dig up the article. It was about last year, tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder
thumb_18-Aug-2008_android-wallpaper1_1024x768.png

It seems that T-Mobile will be the first carrier to offer a mobile phone powered by Google’s Android software.

Could this be the start of a mobile phone war just like we see with Microsoft and Apple for operating system?

What are your thoughts on the Android mobile phone?

[Via: NYTimes]

It seems so Mr Sutton!

This looks rather like a news item I posted in the Submit News area which became burried here.

Impressive!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.