Paul's must have FREE i900 Omnia software

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest the-jackal
how do i add application to my omnia?

cheers

If its a CAB file then place it on the Omnia using active sync. Then find the cab file using explorer on your phone and run it.

Some can be installed from the PC while the Phone is connected via active sync also. They are normally a EXE file. If thats the case just double click it on ya desktop.

Guest Lucavi

The Windows Remote Mobile in the first post at first worked great. Then it started acting up and not connecting. I uninstalled that one and searched for perhaps a "newer" version. The .cab from this website seems to be working now.

http://andrewblock.net/?p=70

Windows Remote Mobile...

NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED TO THE "DEVICE" AREA. That part is very important. I like using this because it let's me control everything on my media center PC, via my wifi 108mbs network that's already setup. ie no Bluetooth to mess with.

Also, I found out I wasn't really using it correctly. I used the computer's name, rather than its local IP address to connect...and it worked.. Sporadically. The correct way is to just use the local IP address, setup a user accoun on the windows desktop with a password and leave domain blank. No need for port forwarding from the global IP if you're behind a router.

Also you have to have XP professional, or use tweak Home Edition to become Professional...worked like a charm for me.

Edited by Lucavi

Guest randy_c
The Windows Remote Mobile in the first post at first worked great. Then it started acting up and not connecting. I uninstalled that one and searched for perhaps a "newer" version. The .cab from this website seems to be working now.

http://andrewblock.net/?p=70

Windows Remote Mobile...

NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED TO THE "DEVICE" AREA. That part is very important. I like using this because it let's me control everything on my media center PC, via my wifi 108mbs network that's already setup. ie no Bluetooth to mess with.

Also, I found out I wasn't really using it correctly. I used the computer's name, rather than its local IP address to connect...and it worked.. Sporadically. The correct way is to just use the local IP address, setup a user accoun on the windows desktop with a password and leave domain blank. No need for port forwarding from the global IP if you're behind a router.

Also you have to have XP professional, or use tweak Home Edition to become Professional...worked like a charm for me.

Can you help with step by step instruction? Vista and XP?

Thanks in advance

Guest Hasta_la_vista
http://www.jaylee.org/RemoteControl/

With this software, you will be able to control remotely your desktop mouse and keyboard, applications like Winamp, iTunes, the Windows Mixer, the Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Media Player Classic, PowerDVD and the Vista's Media Center. You'll also be able to pause your favorite music software when the phone rings, then play it back when you hang up. You'll also be able to extend the application to add your own application.

Love to have this to navigate my powerpoint presentation remotely using Omnia. I have tried to pair the software in Omnia with PC but always fail probably due to limitation with samsung bluetooth stack.

Can someone here kindly try this free software and solve the bluetooth stacks problem.

You can do the opposite: control your Samsung Omnia (Player Addict) using your PC screen, keyboard and mouse with EveryWAN Remote Support.

We just published Samsung Omnia skin on Sparus Software's EveryBLOG.

Here's a sample capture:

Samsung-i900-Omnia-Player-Addict.png

Enjoy!

Edited by Hasta_la_vista

Guest vinster345
What version of the map24 did you download? what phone did you choose?

Thanks

I also would like to know the answer to this. Its doesn't want to work on mine. There are no buttons to tap to start it

Guest opsman05

I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by opsman05

Guest Shadowy

For any golfers there's a nice app which will tell you how far to the front, middle and back of the green, and to one hazard per hole, simple but effective. There's also a utility to map courses using Google maps, quite neat. http://gudensoft.com/

Edited by Shadowy

"I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this? "

I have had the same problem only way to type is to use the full keyboard. Very annoying. I much prefer unthreaded texts though.

Guest opsman05
"I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this? "

I have had the same problem only way to type is to use the full keyboard. Very annoying. I much prefer unthreaded texts though.

Thanks for the reply. That does work but it would be great if you could use Samsung keypad or phonepad with unthreaded texts.

For any golfers there's a nice app which will tell you how far to the front, middle and back of the green, and to one hazard per hole, simple but effective. There's also a utility to map courses using Google maps, quite neat. http://gudensoft.com/

Now that is pretty cool; though I'm not sure how long the battery would last running GPS for 3 or 4 hrs.

I'll have to try it some time.

Thanks for the link.

Guest marvolus

Hi Paul,

New in this smart phone game, just bought a omnia, love it to bits just about got the emails send to my phone working. So just wondering if you can help and give me some advise.

I just wana know what I can do for free like downloads and are they safe and stuff.

I am really keen on getting this GPS to work but haven't downloaded anything and was wondering wheres the best place thats free? I live in England. Also whats the HH1? Is there a HH3 now?

Hope this thread not too old and you dnt get this. Cheers

Guest Shadowy
Now that is pretty cool; though I'm not sure how long the battery would last running GPS for 3 or 4 hrs.

I'll have to try it some time.

Thanks for the link.

I had the same thought but I tried it yesterday, I was out for nearly 3 hours and turning the screen off between uses the battery was still at around 70%. It works pretty well.

Guest Shadowy
That's good to know. I'm away on business and it's about 9.3million yards to the first green. :D

;) You'll need to get a decent drive away. I'd hate to be your caddy :lol:

Guest WearTheFoxHat

That's pretty cool gadget-app ... but a bit sad if you can't just enjoy a game of golf and have to resort to messign about with a phone.

Guest Shadowy
That's pretty cool gadget-app ... but a bit sad if you can't just enjoy a game of golf and have to resort to messign about with a phone.

Enjoy golf...interesting concept :lol: When you spend as much time on the wrong fairway as me you need all the yardage help you can get! Seriously, I won't use it on my home course but it might be useful on a strange course, easier than trying to do mental arithmetic from a course planner.

Guest jeffrey2000

Did anyone try the WiMo app: "Gippos" already? It's a combition of a chat program combined with Microsoft/Google (u can choose) maps. So you can actually see where people are exactly when they are chatting. It's fun but the other person ur chatting with should have a WiMo with GPS aswell :lol:

Edited by jeffrey2000