• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Map24Mobile works great on the Omnia:
http://products.uk.m...e.html?ol=uk-en

As does Metro:
http://chotto.free.fr/tatami/Metro/

What version of the map24 did you download? what phone did you choose?
Thanks

vinster345

vinster345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

What version of the map24 did you download? what phone did you choose?
Thanks

I also would like to know the answer to this. Its doesn't want to work on mine. There are no buttons to tap to start it

GTDave

GTDave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTn & i900
Standard Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 5)

http://download.map2...C_eu2_setup.exe

opsman05

opsman05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by opsman05, 16 October 2008 - 07:52 PM.

Shadowy

Shadowy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
For any golfers there's a nice app which will tell you how far to the front, middle and back of the green, and to one hazard per hole, simple but effective. There's also a utility to map courses using Google maps, quite neat. http://gudensoft.com/

Edited by Shadowy, 17 October 2008 - 07:28 AM.

marind

marind

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
"I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this? "

I have had the same problem only way to type is to use the full keyboard. Very annoying. I much prefer unthreaded texts though.

opsman05

opsman05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

"I installed the Omnia Thread program and it seemed to work fine on my Omnia. I disabled threading. The next day I found that when I received a text message and pressed reply I could not enter any text.The keyboard would only allow me to input numbers. This was the same in the normal message program and also Silver Inbox. I have had to enable threads again unfortunately in order to send any replies.

Anyone else had this? "

I have had the same problem only way to type is to use the full keyboard. Very annoying. I much prefer unthreaded texts though.

Thanks for the reply. That does work but it would be great if you could use Samsung keypad or phonepad with unthreaded texts.

Kendle

Kendle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

For any golfers there's a nice app which will tell you how far to the front, middle and back of the green, and to one hazard per hole, simple but effective. There's also a utility to map courses using Google maps, quite neat. http://gudensoft.com/

Now that is pretty cool; though I'm not sure how long the battery would last running GPS for 3 or 4 hrs.
I'll have to try it some time.
Thanks for the link.

marvolus

marvolus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia UK 8GB
Hi Paul,

New in this smart phone game, just bought a omnia, love it to bits just about got the emails send to my phone working. So just wondering if you can help and give me some advise.
I just wana know what I can do for free like downloads and are they safe and stuff.

I am really keen on getting this GPS to work but haven't downloaded anything and was wondering wheres the best place thats free? I live in England. Also whats the HH1? Is there a HH3 now?

Hope this thread not too old and you dnt get this. Cheers

Shadowy

Shadowy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Now that is pretty cool; though I'm not sure how long the battery would last running GPS for 3 or 4 hrs.
I'll have to try it some time.
Thanks for the link.

I had the same thought but I tried it yesterday, I was out for nearly 3 hours and turning the screen off between uses the battery was still at around 70%. It works pretty well.

Kendle

Kendle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
That's good to know. I'm away on business and it's about 9.3million yards to the first green. :lol:

Edited by Kendle, 21 October 2008 - 12:34 AM.

Shadowy

Shadowy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

That's good to know. I'm away on business and it's about 9.3million yards to the first green. :D

;) You'll need to get a decent drive away. I'd hate to be your caddy :lol:

WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

I've gone all droid!

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5, Moto XOOM 3G
  • Twitter:@TomJJarvis

That's pretty cool gadget-app ... but a bit sad if you can't just enjoy a game of golf and have to resort to messign about with a phone.

Orange regrets to inform you that their network will be going down in 1 hours time for all users apart from yourself. This is because nothing would go down on you, not even a network!

Shadowy

Shadowy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

That's pretty cool gadget-app ... but a bit sad if you can't just enjoy a game of golf and have to resort to messign about with a phone.

Enjoy golf...interesting concept :lol: When you spend as much time on the wrong fairway as me you need all the yardage help you can get! Seriously, I won't use it on my home course but it might be useful on a strange course, easier than trying to do mental arithmetic from a course planner.

jeffrey2000

jeffrey2000

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
Did anyone try the WiMo app: "Gippos" already? It's a combition of a chat program combined with Microsoft/Google (u can choose) maps. So you can actually see where people are exactly when they are chatting. It's fun but the other person ur chatting with should have a WiMo with GPS aswell :lol:

Edited by jeffrey2000, 21 October 2008 - 12:45 PM.

DaDon

DaDon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Yes thats the problem - I wish to have both - is there a software that does that?

I have set up my Omnia so that a press and Hold of the End Call key stops all data transitions. Also I enabled Lock on wake, this is fast as you don't have to hit lock then power to turn off the screen you just hit power. If a button is pressed the phone will wake up but in a locked state so jobs a goodun.

Hope this helps

;^D

May I be excused? My brain is full!

DaDon

DaDon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Is there an application that can disconnect GPRS/EDGE/3G connection with a single button when you are connected?
If so please advise as I used to kill the active connection on my TyTn by pressing the end button.

Yehh the same way, go into settings and you can set a press and hold of the end call button to stop data calls and then I enabled lock on wake, so if a button is pressed to wake the phone up it cant do anything as the phone is locked (I used to use the end call key to lock) This is a good solution as before I hade to hit lock then power to put the phone in standby, now I just hit the power button.

Sweet

:lol:

May I be excused? My brain is full!

Magpie2000k

Magpie2000k

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Or use slide to unlock and then hit power button and locks automatically . Plus it locks if device not used for a while incase you forget

Great piece of software wouldnt be without it

panagiog

panagiog

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:hd
Has anyone try blackberry at omnia?

Preceptor

Preceptor

• Members
  • Pip