The Windows Remote Mobile in the first post at first worked great. Then it started acting up and not connecting. I uninstalled that one and searched for perhaps a "newer" version. The .cab from this website seems to be working now.
Windows Remote Mobile...
NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED TO THE "DEVICE" AREA. That part is very important. I like using this because it let's me control everything
on my media center PC, via my wifi 108mbs network that's already setup. ie no Bluetooth to mess with.
Also, I found out I wasn't really using it correctly. I used the computer's name, rather than its local
IP address to connect...and it worked.. Sporadically. The correct way is to just use the local IP address, setup a user accoun on the windows desktop with a password and leave domain blank. No need for port forwarding from the global IP if you're behind a router.
Also you have to have XP professional, or use tweak Home Edition to become Professional...worked like a charm for me.
Edited by Lucavi, 03 October 2008 - 10:45 PM.