One week in...

Guest ripnet

Guest ripnet

Just a quick note to say ive now had my touch pro for a week, and for the first time in the history of WM ownership, i havent had to reset it, and it hasnt frozen / crashed AT ALL... kudos to HTC for finally taming WM :D In fact, i dont even KNOW where the reset button is (i suspect its the little nodule on the bottom with a picture of headphones next to it????)

Everything else is still very, very good... thoroughly reccomend this phone to everyone - it fits all needs great :D

g

Guest deadphill

Well in the diamond its a small red button where the stylus comes out! Weird I know but its true.

Might be the same on the touch pro?

Cant wait for T-mob to bring out the new Vario 4. I want it bad!

Cheers

Phill

Guest gavken

Me too ... come on T-Mobile - to quote a cerain character in LoTR ...... "We wantz it, yes precious"

Gavin

Guest penguin

surprised there's been no rumours on when this mean machine will see the light of day, can't wait :D

Glad you haven't had to reset, mine crashes regularly.

Sometimes just hangs, but more often messages like "manila.exe" or "shell."something not responding / fail & an option to send to microsoft which just makes the message reappear. Battery out is the only way to fix. Sometimes it happens without any applications being run. I haven't installed any tweaks at all. Only apps I have are TomTom & Virtual pool mobile but it was happening from before installing any software.

Thinking about installing some tweaks to see if that makes it calm down a little.

Guest giblet

mine crashing regularly too... Manila keeps crashing and asking to send to microsoft... Also the touch interface reloads itself at inconvenient moments. What tweaks you thinking of to cover this sort of thing?

Guest ripnet
mine crashing regularly too... Manila keeps crashing and asking to send to microsoft... Also the touch interface reloads itself at inconvenient moments. What tweaks you thinking of to cover this sort of thing?

thats really strange... this is by far the most stable winmo device ive ever used... still not crashed at all (and i usually crash them loads on the first day...)

g

I'm not sure - I was hoping that some reliability tweaks will emerge from the various registry config tools from the Diamond that are being used. Otherwise maybe its a case of waiting for the rom chefs over at xda-developers to produce a more stable rom.