MDA Compact IV Sound Issue

Guest captainsensible

Guest captainsensible

Has anyone had a problem with their Compact IV losing all sound?

Our managers have been provided with MDA Compact IV's, running the standard T-Mobile ROM and one of them is seeing this issue. I have not had this issue on my Touch Diamond, but I have an upgraded ROM/radio.

It is worth noting that prior to the Compact IV, the same manager had the same problem with 3(!) Mda Vario III's - can anyone think of something a person might do to make this happen?

The actual symptoms are that ALL system sounds are lost, and will come back at some point, but a soft reset will always re-instate them. The user is not using a BT handsfree device. He is missing lots of important calls as a result of this, but I cannot replicate the problem on my device so I do believe it is something he is doing specifically, so if anyone has any pointers that might pin it down, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Guest Neil5459

Couild it be that he doesn't understand about memory management, and simply has too many applications open in the background, leaving no spare to activate a sound when the need arises?

Next time it happens, maybe ask him to check the available Program Memory. If lower than about 10MB, sounds may not be played as they need the WMP kernel to activate.

Stupid question, but has he turned the sound off by accident? Easily done with the Diamond in a pocket.

(Not sure if you've seen the device when it's playing up)

Guest captainsensible

cheers for the replies. will get him to check the program memory. I have not seen the issue on his Compact, but did on his V3, and it was making no sound regardless of the volume setting.

Guest Damiantmc

I keep having this problem with mine aswell, noticed it when my phone only vibrated for an alarm rather than ringing, but been happening more frequently now.

I always have no more than 2 programs running the backround, I can't replicate it just happens randomly and I've had the problem across 3 roms and radio's (stock rom/radio, duttys rom V1.5 with radio .05, Dutty's V1.6 with radio .08) so very strange, this could be a problem for me so a fix would be great

DTMc

I've noticed the ring and system volume can do strange things. I'm certain that I've changed both ring and system to full volume, but when I check back one can be set to vibrate.