• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

*#0002*28346#

Cool!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I just adjusted my ringtone volume :(

SH

Edited by super-hornet, 11 March 2009 - 06:11 AM.

mrichards

mrichards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
I must have something wrong. When I type this in in the phone app, I get a wrong number message from Verizon.

I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

Its quite simple and does not require a hard rest.

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

You will then have a screen pop up called audio control util.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)
Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.
Radio Volume: RVOL

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)
Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect
*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.
*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :(

SteveR32

SteveR32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
FANTASTIC!!! i was looking for that..MANY THANKS..

Tiki Dragyn

Tiki Dragyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I've also tried this no avail, unless I am missing some crucial step. I figure it might not work with the U.S. i910 Omnia, only the i900's.

MASTANA20

MASTANA20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:omnia
i am entering the code and when i enter # i see nothing. i just got the omnia in march 09 from verizon. help on why it's not popping up the volume settings.

mastana

sonicgroove

sonicgroove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I'm not getting anything either, and I would very much like to increase outgoing volume.

Type *#0002*28346# and when I hit that last # nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks

USA Verizon i910

-groovin

RichG.NY

RichG.NY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon)
Excuse my ignorance but I use the Verizon version of the Omnia i910.

When I dial *#0002*28346# and press send I just get a network error saying "...Your call cannot be completed as dialed..."

Am I missing something? Should I press something other than the call button? B)

Thanks...

maf107ezk0

maf107ezk0

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-I900 Omnia
For the Verizon Omnia this doesn`t work - try searching in the forum, I think someone managed to get it working B)

zamzungas

zamzungas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i900
thanks, now my can omnia play much louder :( and friend dont say to me your phone is s*** becouse you cant hear what ir plays B) :(

Muckylogun

Muckylogun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:verizon omnia 910

Excuse my ignorance but I use the Verizon version of the Omnia i910.

When I dial *#0002*28346# and press send I just get a network error saying "...Your call cannot be completed as dialed..."

Am I missing something? Should I press something other than the call button? B)

Thanks...

I'm also using an Omnia 910, and that code doesn't work for me either, from what I get from reading, something is just supposed to pop-up your not supposed to press send.
-Earlier in the thread they talk about the file that code leads to; SoundTester.exe, which is located in the Windows folder, but is hidden so you have to use Resco Explorer 2008 to view/run the file (Open "Menu" then "Options", then select "General" then the "Browser" tab and clear the "Hide hidden files" checkbox).

I've messed with my volume settings before using the call volume fix, but my settings are completely different from the "default" settings posted in this thread. Anyway if anyone figures out how to significantly raise the volume of bluetooth headsets on a 910 let me know. I'll post again if I get anywhere tinkering with my settings, or find other ones posted already.

There is a link on page 7; http://www.modaco.co...-verizon-omnia/ , specifically for the omnia 910

Edited by Muckylogun, 07 April 2009 - 12:57 AM.

HellboyMC

HellboyMC

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i900 omnia

There is a sound quality problem when using stereo bluetooth headset.
I can change the sound in Soundtest when I use a normal headset. What I have noticed is that when you increase the DAC value to more than 0 db the sound begins to get wors. It is louder but the noise becomes mush louder also.
So for best quality do not increase the DAC value to more than 0 db.
If you want louder you should increase the HP value.
You can try this by playing a song and change the values while playing. When you apply the settings you will hear the difference right away.

But now to the problem.

When I connect a stereo bluetooth headset all the values in Soundtest change.
The DAC value is 12db. What this does is ruin the sound quality.
When I try to change the settings, it doesn´t apply. I can not change any setting in the Soundtest when I have a bluetooth headset connected. But when I turn of the bluetooth I get my settings back.

So, how do I change the DAC value to 0 or -1.5 db when I have a bluetooth headset connected?

( I have tried with all kinds of BT headsets and it´s the same with all)

I instaled Khuanchai WM 6,5 rom and i have DAC 12 dB by default but it seems even more quiet than when i had Taril ROM and 0, but i think i also have RVOL different, it's at -17,25dB on both Headsets, so the numbers are quite strange. i'm also curious if any of those two headset changes speaker volume for mp3's and movies and if so, which one?

EDIT: I also tried changing any of the numbers and even if i apply, nothing changes.

Edited by HellboyMC, 11 April 2009 - 04:21 PM.

lorin.bute

lorin.bute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hello guys.
I type in that number and when i press call i get a pop up and it sais Failed and one button named "OK" and thats it.
I have a custom rom: DXIA2 and its an i900.

corwest

corwest

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation, HTC Glacier
I also have a Kuanchai rom with wm6.5 and the settings don't save when you hit apply. they revert back as soon as you exit.

arbaheti

arbaheti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
thanx a lot mate......

smilegod

smilegod

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Omnia
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I900
  • Twitter:@_Smilegod_
WOW amazing
I was doing it while listening music and after i done this
the music started to play louder thanks man
:excl: Im happy

Support my work by doing a small donation ;)

Donate

schi

schi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there.... anyone know how to increase the microphone volume for Windows Mobile 6.5?

Prohorizon

Prohorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

Its quite simple and does not require a hard rest.

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

You will then have a screen pop up called audio control util.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)
Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)
Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect
*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.
*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :D

I'm so glad everyone is having so much fun with this wonderful volume adjustments.
I, personally want to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. I type in my phone keypad *#0002*28346# and nothing happens. When I press 'send', I get "cannot complete the call as dialed".

What am I missing? I can't believe I'm having this problem and no one else is. Suicide is looking pretty good to me right now. (only kidding).

fabi_Oo

fabi_Oo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:i900 Omnia

What am I missing? I can't believe I'm having this problem and no one else is. Suicide is looking pretty good to me right now. (only kidding).

You dont have to press send. The window comes up wehen you type the last "#".

You can even browse to the windows directory and start "soundtester.exe"

RichG.NY

RichG.NY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Thunderbolt (Verizon)

I use

DAC(0C):-4.5 db
SPK(02):-1.5db
MPBST(22):+12db
RBST(14):+0db
RVOL(12):21db

DAC(0C):0db
HP(04):-3db
MPBST(22)+24db
RBST(4)+20db
RVOL(12):0db

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work on Verizon's i910? typing that initial code with the phone dialer just dials the number on my i910. Did I do something wrong?

mementomori

mementomori

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:omnia, omnia b7610, htc desire

I instaled Khuanchai WM 6,5 rom and i have DAC 12 dB by default but it seems even more quiet than when i had Taril ROM and 0, but i think i also have RVOL different, it's at -17,25dB on both Headsets, so the numbers are quite strange. i'm also curious if any of those two headset changes speaker volume for mp3's and movies and if so, which one?

EDIT: I also tried changing any of the numbers and even if i apply, nothing changes.

Does anyone know how to fix the bluetooth stereo problem?

somehow the moment you turn on bluetooth (stereo headset) the values revert to default... very anoying. Ive seen it posted in this thread several times so i guess its a general problem.

tnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users