Bluetooth voice command

Guest Princy

Hi

Have been struggling with this for a few days now and I've scoured the internet looking for a solution but they only seem to apply to other devices so here goes.

I'm running the HH1/HG5 upgrade on my Omnia with voice command 1.6, my problem that all the commands run fine through the handset microphone but not through my bluetooth headset (a Jabra JX10 2 Cara). When trying to initiate the voice command function via the headset it beeps twice and the phone enters the "command receive mode" with the microphone icon appearing in the bar at the top of the screen, it's at this point things grind to a halt and nothing more happens.

The headset works with my N70 and N95 so it's not a headset fault and it appears to be a common issue with windows mobile 6 and 6.1, I've tried to find a workround for other devices that may work but the only suggestions are registry hacks that already seem to be in place.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Edited by Princy

Anyone have any ideas?? :D

Actually, you've answered one of my questions: does the H1 PDA ROM solve the BT VoiceCommand problem? Apparently not.

I have been trying for some time to solve this problem, and the closest I have gotten to a solution is using a BT Headset that has the A2DP (stereo) profile, i.e. a Jabra 8010 or similar.

With such a headset, the improvement is that you can hear the VC prompts in your headset, but the Headset Microphone still does not work. At one point I was able to start VoiceCommand with a push of the button on my headset, but I have fiddled around so much I cannot remember how I did it...

I have tried other programs (Vito, Fonix, Cyberon) and none of them work. I have also tried different builds of VC 1.6

It is a problem with Samsung and the way they handle the BT stack. I was really hoping the H1 ROM would finally solve this...

If I am in a quiet environment (in the car for example), I can get along because the Microphone on the Omnia picks up my commands, and I can VoiceDial with VC. But it is certainly not what one would expect from this High-end phone...

From what I've picked up it seems that the voice control program was only ever designed to accept voice control from a microphone operating at a frequency of 16Khz, the problem I'm told is almost all bluetooth headsets operate at 8Khz.

There are fixes on the net for other devices. just hope someone manages to devise one for the Omnia as it's a bit of a pain trying to make a call while driving without this feature.

From what I've picked up it seems that the voice control program was only ever designed to accept voice control from a microphone operating at a frequency of 16Khz, the problem I'm told is almost all bluetooth headsets operate at 8Khz.

There are fixes on the net for other devices. just hope someone manages to devise one for the Omnia as it's a bit of a pain trying to make a call while driving without this feature.

But it works with my headset on an other windows mobile device...

So that can't be the problem...

But it works with my headset on an other windows mobile device...

So that can't be the problem...

VC 1.6 also worked fine for me with my Asus P525 and Eten M600. Version 1.5 of Voice Command was very bad at recognizing commands over Bluetooth because of the sampling frequency MS used. They changed it to be compatible with Bluetooth capabilities (less bandwith than a microphone) in version 1.6 and it improved 100% the recognition rate.

The problem is that the Omnia does not respond to the VC request that instructs it to open the microphone audio path. There is some kind of mis-communicaiton between the Bluetooth stack in the Omnia and VoiceCommand. Quite surprising because if I am not mistaken, the Omnia uses the MS BT Stack and not the WidComm stack (used in the Asus P525).

I really thought I had it licked when I realized that using the supplied (stereo) earphones worked with VC, and I purchased a Stereo BT Headset. As I mentioned before, only the audio out works with such a headset, the mic is still not activated. It only activates during a call.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tropolite

I'm just about to install the voice command option on my Omnia, and have been skimming thru this forum and others.

I wonder with the problems people are having, has anyone tried to change the Input settings? Settings > Personal > Input > Options.

There you can change the recording options and perhaps this may assist correct voice recognition?

Just a thought... will dabble with it when I've installed the component.

I'm just about to install the voice command option on my Omnia, and have been skimming thru this forum and others.

I wonder with the problems people are having, has anyone tried to change the Input settings? Settings > Personal > Input > Options.

There you can change the recording options and perhaps this may assist correct voice recognition?

Just a thought... will dabble with it when I've installed the component.

I don't think that this is the solution, since all sound is also not routed to the headset.

But please tell us, if you got any success!

VC 1.6 also worked fine for me with my Asus P525 and Eten M600. Version 1.5 of Voice Command was very bad at recognizing commands over Bluetooth because of the sampling frequency MS used. They changed it to be compatible with Bluetooth capabilities (less bandwith than a microphone) in version 1.6 and it improved 100% the recognition rate.

The problem is that the Omnia does not respond to the VC request that instructs it to open the microphone audio path. There is some kind of mis-communicaiton between the Bluetooth stack in the Omnia and VoiceCommand. Quite surprising because if I am not mistaken, the Omnia uses the MS BT Stack and not the WidComm stack (used in the Asus P525).

I really thought I had it licked when I realized that using the supplied (stereo) earphones worked with VC, and I purchased a Stereo BT Headset. As I mentioned before, only the audio out works with such a headset, the mic is still not activated. It only activates during a call.

The Broadcom stacks can route Mono and Stereo sounds to your Headset flawlessly:

-> In theory, there will be no problem to run voice command softwares.

-> You can listen and record via Bluetooth with both Stereo and Mono Headsets.

The Omnia uses Microsoft Bluetooth stacks:

-> With the Omnia, Mono Headsets can only route phone calls.

-> With AD2P you can route all your sounds through your Bluetooth headset but you can’t record sounds. So, MS Voice Command will not work.

The solution:

1) Samsung offers an update to route all sounds through Mono and Stereo BT.

2) Find a working 3rd party soft with the Omnia. I have tried btIO, BTAudio, TP.com BTAudio, BTAudioNav and none of them are working with the Omnia.

3) Find someone with the skills to install Broadcom BT stacks to replace MS ones:

-> I felt to do it.

You can find more information here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ooth%20headsets

Edited by totolo

The Broadcom stacks can route Mono and Stereo sounds to your Headset flawlessly:

-> In theory, there will be no problem to run voice command softwares.

-> You can listen and record via Bluetooth with both Stereo and Mono Headsets.

The Omnia uses Microsoft Bluetooth stacks:

-> With the Omnia, Mono Headsets can only route phone calls.

-> With AD2P you can route all your sounds through your Bluetooth headset but you can’t record sounds. So, MS Voice Command will not work.

The solution:

1) Samsung offers an update to route all sounds through Mono and Stereo BT.

2) Find a working 3rd party soft with the Omnia. I have tried btIO, BTAudio, TP.com BTAudio, BTAudioNav and none of them are working with the Omnia.

3) Find someone with the skills to install Broadcom BT stacks to replace MS ones:

-> I felt to do it.

You can find more information here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ooth%20headsets

...so I understand, all three solutions are not possible?

Or is there any way to install the broadcom BT stack to the Omnia?

I haven't been able to do it.

If also have tried every 3rd party software I could find to try to get VC working with Bluetooth, without sucess. I am still looking...

If you ever find a way, please start a thread here so we can all be informed. I wish there was a way to get a comment/explanation from Samsung on this problem.

I think Samsung will eventually fix this problem like they did with Blackjack. It may take sometime, till that time we are out of luck. T

Are you saying that Samsung had the very same problem with the Blackjack, solved it, yet released the Omnia with the same problem ? Probably a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does... <_<

Do you know if they solved the problem by changing the Bluetooth stack to Broadcom ?

Are you saying that Samsung had the very same problem with the Blackjack, solved it, yet released the Omnia with the same problem ? Probably a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand does... <_<

Do you know if they solved the problem by changing the Bluetooth stack to Broadcom ?

I think it is still MS bluetooth stack. The original blackjack had no support for voice commands over bluetooth. In blackjack 2 Samsung has included MS voice command in the ROM itself, Samsung also improved the bluetooth stack (not certain of the changes). May be Omnia development team will have to ask blackjack team what they did with the bluetooth stack ;)

Guest Centaur

I was just wondering if it's possible that when the button is pressed on a B/T headset that it can activate windows voice command by somehow using Mortscript?. Yes i know the headset mic wont accept the commands but if your just in a car where your most likely to be using it then the handset mic can pick up what commands you are saying so long as its not in your pocket eg. This may not be ideal but would do until Samsung fix it properly if ever.

Guest billbo
I was just wondering if it's possible that when the button is pressed on a B/T headset that it can activate windows voice command by somehow using Mortscript?. Yes i know the headset mic wont accept the commands but if your just in a car where your most likely to be using it then the handset mic can pick up what commands you are saying so long as its not in your pocket eg. This may not be ideal but would do until Samsung fix it properly if ever.

That works without mortscript.

The button on the headset correctly activates MSVC, but the sound is not routed to the headset and the mic of the headset does not work.

That works without mortscript.

The button on the headset correctly activates MSVC, but the sound is not routed to the headset and the mic of the headset does not work.

By using a A2DP headset (Jabra 8040 in my case), I hear the VC commands in my headset, but the MIC is not activated until a call is connected.

Works pretty well in the car, if it is not too noisy, the omnia microphone is quite sensitive.

Guest kslakhani

I have tried with Jetware 1.31 BT HFP extension, it has a option to use voice command or any voice dial soft, it activates the voice dialing but doesnt listen to your voice through headset.

Have you guys notice one more thing missing in Omnia setting/system Microphone AGC which you can find in HTC devices

its not a bluetooth problem but its a Microphone bc if you use wired or wireless headset nothing happen.

Its really bugging you have a nice Gadget but a very small feature doesnt work ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried with Jetware 1.31 BT HFP extension, it has a option to use voice command or any voice dial soft, it activates the voice dialing but doesnt listen to your voice through headset.

Have you guys notice one more thing missing in Omnia setting/system Microphone AGC which you can find in HTC devices

its not a bluetooth problem but its a Microphone bc if you use wired or wireless headset nothing happen.

Its really bugging you have a nice Gadget but a very small feature doesnt work :lol:

Any news on this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet.

It's really frustrating that a phone of this calibre is incapable of using voice dialling over bluetooth when even the most basic phones are able to do it.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Hi

Have been struggling with this for a few days now and I've scoured the internet looking for a solution but they only seem to apply to other devices so here goes.

I'm running the HH1/HG5 upgrade on my Omnia with voice command 1.6, my problem that all the commands run fine through the handset microphone but not through my bluetooth headset (a Jabra JX10 2 Cara). When trying to initiate the voice command function via the headset it beeps twice and the phone enters the "command receive mode" with the microphone icon appearing in the bar at the top of the screen, it's at this point things grind to a halt and nothing more happens.

The headset works with my N70 and N95 so it's not a headset fault and it appears to be a common issue with windows mobile 6 and 6.1, I've tried to find a workround for other devices that may work but the only suggestions are registry hacks that already seem to be in place.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

I'm using MS Voice Command - which works fantastically for me! I'm using a Nokia BH-208 headset which also works well. The one thing I cannot do is initialize voice command from my BT headset. I can initialize call commands from my phone with the push of a button and then it connects nicely to my headset with out further action on my part. As far as I'm concerned, this is only a bug in the feature that, sooner or later, will be resolved. Otherwise I can live with it just well. The microphone on the Omnia is so good that I have tried calling a command from 6 feet away (approx 2.5 meters), with normal voice, and it recognized it just fine. Obvoiusly, ambient noise will affect the result, but then realistically, we aren't necesarily going to have our phones any more than arm's reach when we are using BT anyway. Bottom line is... try MS Voice Command.