• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

lapimate

lapimate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond2, BenQ E72

... turns out the E72 is being drop-shipped ...

I ordered from Expansys UK, since not listed up here (Expansys NZ/Aus). They quoted the usual hefty air-freight from the UK Stg21.95, but in fact it was shipped from Australia to NZ for about Stg13.00 air-freight.

One issue so far: the E72 has Fizz Traveler 2.4BQ (21) pre-installed which does not seem to include the current NZ daylight saving rules (announced Apr 2007). The current version Fizz Traveler 3.02 does not seem to have the updated rule either, but anyway according to the manual it is not possible to remove pre-installed software from the E72 (why not?) so even if there were a correct version of Fizz Traveler , it would be necessary to add it, rather than replace it!

I have turned on the cellsite identification channel (50); to see it one has to scroll the home screen down.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts

... and further to the moaning:

My alarm has stopped working! It was working, now it doesn't. Well, that's not completely true. It doesn't go off when it's supposed to. It's set to 06:30 and the other day, at 07:55 (on my way to work), it suddenly starts playing THREE alarms at the same time whilst showing an 'alarm reminder' on the screen. Three reminders. Three alarms. Zero right time.

Absolutely useless :lol:

Something of a long shot, but try setting the alarm for the time it's actually going off (07:55) and turn the alarm off. Then go back into alarm settings, change the time and turn it back on. Bit of an old skool problem so no promises it'll actually work!

I still exist

barnyr

barnyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I thought I would chime in here. After waiting 2 weeks for shipment by expansys to me in US, I am pretty satisfied with this device. I had 3 things I really wanted to improve in switching from my Hermes: 1. battery life 2. size and 3. dialing. Battery life is good, not great, but good. It definitely lasts all day and sometimes 2 days for me. That is a huge improvement over the hermes. Size is obviously very different. I can carry the phone in my pocket instead of a holster now.b Dialing the phone is so much easier on a real dialpad than the touchscreen, I am very happy with it. I know there are things I lose, most importantly the qwerty, and also 3G, but I still have the Hermes as a backup in case I need it. I think I will carry the benq daily until the S740 is available, hopefully with US 3G.

eboite

eboite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

... and further to the moaning:

My alarm has stopped working! It was working, now it doesn't. Well, that's not completely true. It doesn't go off when it's supposed to. It's set to 06:30 and the other day, at 07:55 (on my way to work), it suddenly starts playing THREE alarms at the same time whilst showing an 'alarm reminder' on the screen. Three reminders. Three alarms. Zero right time.

Absolutely useless :)

I have got exactly the same problem. Have you found a walkaround ?

s6365

s6365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have got exactly the same problem. Have you found a walkaround ?

I also have the same problem. It's caused me to be late for work two days in a row. Meh.

bilallucky

bilallucky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not really sure as I quiet often have it plugged in at work or whatever for sync'ing..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users