Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

It is fantastic, only small things I would like to change and maybe they have already a workaround but could not find so far.

Somebody know how it would be possible to change by pressing the clock in the following menu the alarm shortcut not to the WM alarm but to the i900 alarm?

Second, any chance to integrate more then just one weather city, something like scroll thru modus, same as for the HTC?

Guest psionandy

Looks like Skins are free (although i'm sure they'd apreciate hitting the donation button), but they need SPB Mobile Shell to run (which isn't free) and is sold by SPB.

And being based on mobile shell, I think you can get extra cities if you buy spb weather... but try the demo first!

Edited by psionandy

Guest jonboyuk

Nikita, the title for the post is Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell ;)

Gil71 - I'm sure there's a way, suggest it on the SPB website for the next release!

And yes, it's all free provided you own SPB Shell (which imho is well worth the money).

brilliant-green

Looks like Skins are free (although i'm sure they'd apreciate hitting the donation button), but they need SPB Mobile Shell to run (which isn't free) and is sold by SPB.

Guest moosemilk

;) I am having a real problem getting this to run following the instructions on the site, extracted files to my storage as described and run the script so I now have the skins icon however whenever I try to use it it just flashes up 3 selection screens and makes no change, am I missing something?

I have Mobile shell installed in the main memory as a programme and have installed this twicwe to the "my memory" with no joy

Can someone supply and idiots guide to installing this

Guest gavinfabl
;) I am having a real problem getting this to run following the instructions on the site, extracted files to my storage as described and run the script so I now have the skins icon however whenever I try to use it it just flashes up 3 selection screens and makes no change, am I missing something?

I have Mobile shell installed in the main memory as a programme and have installed this twicwe to the "my memory" with no joy

Can someone supply and idiots guide to installing this

The easiest way I found.

Copy the spbmobileshellskins to the root directory of Mystorage on your omnia. Assuming your device is in English downnload the English Patch files from the webiste, and overwrite each file needed in the relevant directory. Use Fileexplorer, goto spbmobileshellskins, scripts. Tap on mortscript.exe, the tap instalmenus and then tap on options. Now to change a skin, using fileexplorer tap on one of the skins in the scripts folder, select the options in the menus and voila.

The easiest way I found.

Copy the spbmobileshellskins to the root directory of Mystorage on your omnia. Assuming your device is in English downnload the English Patch files from the webiste, and overwrite each file needed in the relevant directory. Use Fileexplorer, goto spbmobileshellskins, scripts. Tap on mortscript.exe, the tap instalmenus and then tap on options. Now to change a skin, using fileexplorer tap on one of the skins in the scripts folder, select the options in the menus and voila.

little tip open all the skins via file explorer and then go to tools and look for the spb skins icon all the skins will be in there for you to switch between so no need to keep going to file explorer Edited by JusR23

Guest tropolite
oohh... i understand i understand... :wacko:

thanks for the info

too bad it's not free

The SPB Shell isn't that expensive - it's well worth the purchase.

And with the option of these cool skins it should make the purchase all the more attractive.

Go for it.. ;)

I have found a slight bug. If you are using Spb Phone Suite (another good piece of their software) you get the big current profile icon stuck at the top of the screen instead of the little green/blue one. If you disable the 'profiles' feature of Phone Suite then it appears properly but that is the most useful feature of it! It is annoying cos it ruins the otherwise slick look ;)

Here you go:

Screen01.bmp

Edited by 3shirts

little tip open all the skins via file explorer and then go to tools and look for the spb skins icon all the skins will be in there for you to switch between so no need to keep going to file explorer

Ok i have got all the skins working well ....if i select them from within file explorer, however i do not have a skins icon in the tools menu, any advice on what im doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance Craig

Guest jonboyuk

I've revised the original instructions. This should help. If you're getting the 3 screens but no skin change, one of the path's in the options.ini file is wrong (in scripts).

Installation Instructions:

1) If you haven't installed mobile shell before, skip to step 2. If you have, remove the folder 'SpbMobileShellSkins' from your "My Storage" / "Storage Card".

2) Extract the .zip file into the root of your desired storage location. Note that you need to edit options.ini (inside the scripts folder) if you wish to install to your Micro SD. To do so, replace SkinPath=\My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins with SkinPath=\Storage Card\SpbMobileShellSkin.

3) Apply the language patch. Extract the .zip file (make sure you download the correct resolution) and overwrite any files that you installed above with these.

4) Using your phone, open File Explorer and find your desired installation location (as above). Go to 'SpbMobileShellSkins/Scrips'. In here run the file 'Mortscipt.exe'. This will enable the other scripts to run.

5) In File Explorer, you can now run the file "InstallMenus.mscr". This will add 3 additional icons to SPBShell.

6) You will notice 23 other scripts like Luna_Paper.mscr. Each time you run one of these, when you go to SPBShell/Programs/Tools/SBP Skins a new skin will become available. If you want all 23, then run all 23 scripts. Check the website for screenshots.

Having trouble?

- If all goes wrong, or you don't like the new skins, you can revert to the original skin by running the 'Orignal.mscr' script!

- If the link into the Spb Skins sub-menu doesn't work, delete it from the Spb Mobile Shell settings and create it again tapping on the relative .mscr script from the Scripts folder.

Guest moosemilk

;) Still having no joy with this , installed 3 times now. Everything appears to be there but when I go to the SPB skins menu under tools it offers all the skins I have activated , I select one and it then goes through 3 screens re clocks and buttons etc but no change happens after that.

Should I be seeing something in the mobile shell programme?

Guys, I seem to be abit stuck with this. I have copied the skins over to the Omnia and run the 'Mortscipt.exe' which appears fine, but when I try to run Install_QVGA.mscr it keeps saying it can't find SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 which is installed in Program Files.

Looked in the Option.ini and the path to SPB is \program files\spb mobile shell so it should pick it up.

Any suggestions?

Hi all ...

This is amazing stuff ... only I have a small question

does anyone know how to boot straight into the spbMenu and bypass the today screen

For me I have to select it using the right hand soft key and the way I see it is these skins should replace the start screen

Also when I press my end call button it goes right back to the today view and again I think it should go back into the skin main screen

My terminology is probably all wrong but does anyone know what I mean and can help ?

B12

Edited by B12