• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Clos

Clos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I900

my working well .. with the skin...but installed in storage card...however, few problems.. if anyone can provide solutions..
1. navigation icon.. is empty !... (I do have Garmin installed in storage card)
2. games icon also is empty! (also installed in storage card directory)
3. how to remove spb skins, after installed.. without removing the whole program..

You can add or remove icons by going to 'Spb mobile shell' (under the settings icon in programs by default) I think. Go to the advanced tab and then the 'menu' icon. Then select which menu item you want to edit (add, remove, move up etc). I haven't tried removing skins so I can't help you on that one.

gavinfabl

gavinfabl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

my working well .. with the skin...but installed in storage card...however, few problems.. if anyone can provide solutions..
1. navigation icon.. is empty !... (I do have Garmin installed in storage card)
2. games icon also is empty! (also installed in storage card directory)
3. how to remove spb skins, after installed.. without removing the whole program..

spbwatcher attached. To use it, activate it in the settings, today, items. To remove, untick in today item options and then uninstall.

spbwatcher always brings spb shell into force when the today screen is requested. ie you will never see the today screen

Attached Files

Edited by gavinfabl, 17 September 2008 - 07:02 AM.

My tech blog http://http://www.gavinsgadgets.co.uk - massive HTC One review

Current Devices HTC One, Nokia Lumia 620, BB Curve - Previous Note 2, iPhone 5, Samsung S3, Note, iPhone 4S

gavinfabl

gavinfabl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Somewhere a lot of you guys are going wrong. Have you downloaded the latest package from the authors website?

Look at the first screen. Notice the arrows by the date. Swiping your finger back and forth on the date switches between analogue and digital.

Notice the T-Mobile on top. Press here to bring up the wireless options, phone ,bluetooth and wifi on/off. Press the heart icon next to call log. To enter items in here, go to settings, customize menu and add items in the "my menu".

In the programs tab, you will have arrows either side of the word programs. Swiping left and right brings up mru. In contacts, swipe again 3 times. First list is VIP, Personal and Business contacts.

To install, copy the extracted file into My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins . When you tap on this directory it must then show 4 directories Commons, Kyro, Luna, Orginal, Scrips.

Tap Scripts. Tap first on Mortscript.exe , Then tap options.mscr, and then install_wqvga . Select language if asked. Now in the scrips folder tap on each skin. After tapping each skin it appears in the spb tools settings in spbskins as shown previously. You can then select here.

Tap on a skin. If will ask if you want to alter the other options. You will get a screen 1st as below. I select the last option.

Attached Files

Current Devices HTC One, Nokia Lumia 620, BB Curve - Previous Note 2, iPhone 5, Samsung S3, Note, iPhone 4S

omnia newbie

omnia newbie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
hi.. thanks guy.. Closa n Gavin
hey Gavin.. i installed spbwatcher.............went to the today/item.... can seem to find the program
and ofcourse you can click/unclick on Today screen for the tab you want.. including sbp mobile shell/samsung widget and Samsung today 1,2 etc............ plus others..
cant even find spb watcher anywhere . ? how to use

I am just a novice.. dont shoot me...

gavinfabl

gavinfabl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

hi.. thanks guy.. Closa n Gavin
hey Gavin.. i installed spbwatcher.............went to the today/item.... can seem to find the program
and ofcourse you can click/unclick on Today screen for the tab you want.. including sbp mobile shell/samsung widget and Samsung today 1,2 etc............ plus others..
cant even find spb watcher anywhere . ? how to use

I am just a novice.. dont shoot me...

It should be in the options with samsung today, samsung widget etc...

You will need to soft reset. Application is then started , and loaded into the options. I only have spbwatcher selected.

revol69

revol69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello, excused please the grammar, but software translates.
I have carried out the installation as described. But: The badge heart does not function and I can put no Bluetooth, Wireless, Phone on/off about the provider name.

The button programme, extras no counter is to be seen in the screen, but no button for Wireless or my menu. If I click on these nevertheless areas, the registers open!

So, what is the problem - i don`t now.

Thanks.

FutureDirt

FutureDirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
These skins are ridiculously good.

Thankyou whoever created them and thanks to the original poster.

I am absolutely loving the iPhone theme! (weird cos i hate the iPhone itself lol)

daz306td

daz306td

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900
Quick question..... with the Kyro skin, on the main screen theres an email button, is there a way of directing that button to a particular account ? rather than it keep hitting my outlook email I would prefer it to open my hotmail.

Omina i900 (i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2 PHONE: i900BUHJ1)

FutureDirt

FutureDirt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
edit: never mind ;)

Edited by FutureDirt, 17 September 2008 - 01:56 PM.

twentyone

twentyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:i900
Hi Guys,
I installed the skins and they are awesome ;)
I would like to thank gavinfabl for sending me the spwatcher.cab - that was very nice of you Gavin, appreciate it!

Also, I have a couple of questions regarding the skins:

1. Now that I don't use the Today screen anymore, is there a way to activate the flash to use it a s torch ? (used to be long press the + button while on the today screen).

2. Is there a way when I press the CALL button, the skinned contacts list to appear, instead of the default Samsung one?

Thank you :wacko:

P.S. Great forum, really helped me explore my new i900 :(

flo0364

flo0364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
somebody can tell me where i can find SpbMobileShell please ?

thanks

L.P

L.P

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:LG E-900

Hi Guys,
I installed the skins and they are awesome ;)
I would like to thank gavinfabl for sending me the spwatcher.cab - that was very nice of you Gavin, appreciate it!

Also, I have a couple of questions regarding the skins:

1. Now that I don't use the Today screen anymore, is there a way to activate the flash to use it a s torch ? (used to be long press the + button while on the today screen).

2. Is there a way when I press the CALL button, the skinned contacts list to appear, instead of the default Samsung one?

P.S. Great forum, really helped me explore my new i900 :(

1. Yes holding the volume down button time can be set by using, Settings > Buttons > Flash Light

2. Sorry not quite sure what you mean?

SPB can be downloaded here:-

http://www.spbsoftwa...mobileshell/?en

fursie

fursie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Im struggling to get these skins running. I have SPB Shell 2 installed. Have installed the mobile skins folder to the root of the storage. Run the MortScript and get the message ".mcr and .mortrun extensions registered". I then try to run Install_WQVGA and get the message "cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.0". Is anyone able to help. Thanks.

flo0364

flo0364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Im struggling to get these skins running. I have SPB Shell 2 installed. Have installed the mobile skins folder to the root of the storage. Run the MortScript and get the message ".mcr and .mortrun extensions registered". I then try to run Install_WQVGA and get the message "cannot find Spb Mobile Shell version 2.0". Is anyone able to help. Thanks.

is something wrong with your spb shell 2. i'v received this message befor instaling spb shell on the phone

twentyone

twentyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:i900

1. Yes holding the volume down button time can be set by using, Settings > Buttons > Flash Light

2. Sorry not quite sure what you mean?

SPB can be downloaded here:-

http://www.spbsoftwa...mobileshell/?en

Hello, thanks for the reply - here are some clarifications to my questions -
1. Yes, I know for this option and I have set it - the problem is that it only works from the Omnia today screen - and when using spbwatcher I can't get access to the today screen at all ;). So I wonder if there is another setting/program to allow for torch functionality?

2. I mean, when you press the hardware CALL button(the green(white in Omnia's case) button) - the samsung contact list shows up, I would like to map the spbContacts to this button.

Amerikiwi

Amerikiwi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
These skins are great. Thanks.
I'm using the iphone skin and have customized all the icons with no probelem except the 'my menu' icon is not there but if I push the blank space where it should be 'my menu' is activated ok and all my programs come up. How to I set an icon for 'my menu'?

Also the 'heart' next to the call log will not activate. How do I activate this.
Thanks.

revol69

revol69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

These skins are great. Thanks.
I'm using the iphone skin and have customized all the icons with no probelem except the 'my menu' icon is not there but if I push the blank space where it should be 'my menu' is activated ok and all my programs come up. How to I set an icon for 'my menu'?

Also the 'heart' next to the call log will not activate. How do I activate this.
Thanks.

I have the same problem.

And Miki told me, you can`t see the Icon My Menu, because only the heart icon is the activated one for this.

But my heart icon doesn`t work ;) and i don`t now why !

moosemilk

moosemilk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Additional skins released now version 1.4.1

tropolite

tropolite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000

Somewhere a lot of you guys are going wrong. Have you downloaded the latest package from the authors website?

Look at the first screen. Notice the arrows by the date. Swiping your finger back and forth on the date switches between analogue and digital.

Notice the T-Mobile on top. Press here to bring up the wireless options, phone ,bluetooth and wifi on/off. Press the heart icon next to call log. To enter items in here, go to settings, customize menu and add items in the "my menu".

In the programs tab, you will have arrows either side of the word programs. Swiping left and right brings up mru. In contacts, swipe again 3 times. First list is VIP, Personal and Business contacts.

To install, copy the extracted file into My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins . When you tap on this directory it must then show 4 directories Commons, Kyro, Luna, Orginal, Scrips.

Tap Scripts. Tap first on Mortscript.exe , Then tap options.mscr, and then install_wqvga . Select language if asked. Now in the scrips folder tap on each skin. After tapping each skin it appears in the spb tools settings in spbskins as shown previously. You can then select here.

Tap on a skin. If will ask if you want to alter the other options. You will get a screen 1st as below. I select the last option.

Hi Gavin

Thanks for the heads-up configuring SPB better.

A couple things tho - if I may...
As a note for those installing spbwatcher, when installing select 'To Device'.

Gavin, i have watcher running as I see and can toggle the digital and analogue time, but I cannot bring up the wireless options from the top centre of the screen (where the carrier info is displayed). I've gone to Settings > Customise menu however all I see is 'spb menu', not 'My Menu'. Can you please ellaborate a little more?

Thanks

gavinfabl

gavinfabl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users