• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

can3gxw

can3gxw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch

I have found a slight bug. If you are using Spb Phone Suite (another good piece of their software) you get the big current profile icon stuck at the top of the screen instead of the little green/blue one. If you disable the 'profiles' feature of Phone Suite then it appears properly but that is the most useful feature of it! It is annoying cos it ruins the otherwise slick look

The author is posting to another forum and regularly reading and making updates. This is now up to 1.4.1. He gives a fix for this, but the instructions aren't clear and have been asked to take another look.

I don't know the rules about posting another forum's links, but here is the "official" thread on XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=424933

And - this is 100% FREE! It does, however, require SPB Mobile Shell to work, so please stop bashing the author with "this isn't free then"... or "too bad it's not free". As with anything, it would be GREAT to throw the author a couple of bucks for this FANTASTIC add on... my HTC Touch has never looked better! ;)

And no... I am NOT the author... LOL

revol69

revol69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

I find the problem:

....make sure all of these are ticked

I activated not all ! Now, it works !

Thank you ;)

indup

indup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
newbie here,
just managed to install(more by chance than anything thank god) just wondering do the skins only work in spb menu screen onwards (where it says programs at the top) because if i press the end call/home screen button i get the regular spb shell menu and theme or should the new theme also be on the 'home screen'?

randy_c

randy_c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
New to this. Can you guy help me out? Under contact I have 3 tabs for VIP, Personal and Business: Can I edit and change contact for this one and how? I revised my outlook to cat VIP, Personal and Business but after sync the phone. These 3 does not sync to have the contact under these 3 cat. (VIP, Personal and Business) Is there a way to fix it?

Please advice.... ;)

indup

indup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry missed the earlier post about spcatcher.cab. can someone post a download link for it please.

Edited by indup, 19 September 2008 - 08:16 PM.

BigDvr6

BigDvr6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:i900
got this to work after a few tries and hard restes lol, the only thing i cant work out is how to get things like games, in my games section of spb .

Amerikiwi

Amerikiwi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I find the problem:

....make sure all of these are ticked

I activated not all ! Now, it works !

Thank you ;)

I get the 'heart' to work ok by activating all items, but then I get a 10th icon sitting up at the top left and the 'my menu' is still blank but has a space allocated for it and when you push the blank space 'my menu' is activated ok??

Any ideas?

tropolite

tropolite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000
Hey all you Shellers

Just a quickie - The original Skin site has updated yet again - now available Skins 1.5 for Omnia

I knew you wanted to know and grab the latest version...

;)

tropolite

tropolite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000

In spb shell, goto settings, customise menu, there will be a long list of sub menus. If you can see them tab the cross to the left of spb menu to expand. The menu options are

Organiser, Internet, Multimedia, Tools, Programs, Settings, Messaging, Games, Navigation, Wireless, My Menu - make sure all of these are ticked.

In the first clock screen in portrait mode, try tapping around the wireless carrier name. You will bring up the wireless dialogue options and ticking all the menus will activate the heart icon. To add shortcuts, go back to the settings as above and add them in the sub menu "my menu"

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your help... appreciate it!

Actually this morning I d'loaded v1.5 of the skins and everything seems to be easier to modify and customise. There's some nice added features in v1.5 - well worth getting.

omnia newbie

omnia newbie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
hi there, updated 1.5, some more goodies.. but there is a word 'wireless' near the top of the screen when you click on 'program button' .. wonder is it a bug or is it part of the program... ? ;) . the words run over the recent run program can someone...........confirmed this..!.

randy_c

randy_c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
There may be a bug. On the home sreen: MRU doesn't show up just a blank glass screen. Happen to anyone?

cookie74

cookie74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
my seems to be working fine from what i can see

randy_c

randy_c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I want to reinstall but I have a problem deleting all files. MortScript.exe cannot remove.. Can someone help me out?
I used update to 1.5 and the MRU didn't show up on home screen so I deleted everything with fresh start but can't remove MortScript.exe file.

Please help....

Thanks
RC

BigDvr6

BigDvr6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:i900

I want to reinstall but I have a problem deleting all files. MortScript.exe cannot remove.. Can someone help me out?
I used update to 1.5 and the MRU didn't show up on home screen so I deleted everything with fresh start but can't remove MortScript.exe file.

Please help....

Thanks
RC

hard reset the memory was the only way i found.

is there a way to stop it from going back to the samsung today screen ? as i keep haing to select spb again.

randy_c

randy_c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Sorry cause I am new using PPC but hard reset will erase everything? I need to reinstall everything?

For your question. Down load file on page 3 will take care of your problem.

Thanks

3shirts

3shirts

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
Is this best installed on device memory, My Storage or is it ok on memory card?

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
It does not matter, since once you actually run the skin installation script, it will copy chosen skin to SPB mobile shell dir.
And SPB mobile shell installed only to main memory unless you mod cab.

PPCInformer

PPCInformer

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN
I found this one a few days back and added it on my site : http://www.1800pocke...-212-theme.html

gavinfabl

gavinfabl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
v1.5 works a dream for me. No issues whatsoever.

My tech blog http://http://www.gavinsgadgets.co.uk - massive HTC One review

Current Devices HTC One, Nokia Lumia 620, BB Curve - Previous Note 2, iPhone 5, Samsung S3, Note, iPhone 4S

3shirts

3shirts

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S

OK, I solved a couple of issues here. Firstly, the heart icon only seems to work with the latest version of SBP Mobile Shell. I was on 2.1.0 so downloaded and installed 2.1.2 and it now works. You can install the cab over the top, it will upgrade your old version and you don't need to re-register it. Then re-run the WQVGA_Installer and any skins you want.

To get upcoming appointments on your home screen, go into the SPB Mobile Shell settings, switch to the 'Classic' layout and then tap 'configure'. Tick the box for showing appointments and tap OK. Now go out and back into the settings and change back to professional (if you want the digital clock back), the appointments will stay!

Edited by 3shirts, 22 September 2008 - 12:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users