Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

Guest mobiman2008

Guest mobiman2008

[teaser]A picture paints a thousand words... so check out the HTC Touch HD!

Little is known about this device at the moment, but from the images below we can see specs include...

why do they have to make my choices difficult!

Stilling waiting for the Vario 4 & it looks like the X1 will be out around the same time & now this!

(Oh on a side note will you be blogging from the X1 launch?)

If this has a sizable internal HD it is so mine ;)

6 months till I can upgrade on T-Mob. With the pace of development I wonder what'll be top of the tree when I come to upgrade from my TytnII?

Guest Syphon Filter

Christ,

I JUST got my Touch Pro...this is looking like a "better" device now. In all honesty the on-screen keyboard is so good you dont really need the hardware qwerty. This thing has the same ROM/RAM spec so the performance should be just as good. Damn man. I feel a bit cheated now. Might have to dump the Touch Pro on the missus and get myself one of these!!

EDIT:

Anyone else notice the lack of D-Pad on this?

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest Paul (MVP)

In reality, I never really use the dpad on my Omnia, i've kinda trained myself not to though because I don't like the optical joystick very much ;) On that basis, I can live with it.

SF, how are you finding the TP? I have mine now, and simply don't like the form factor. Device is fast etc. etc., but it IS - as I feared - just too 'chunky'...

P

In reality, I never really use the dpad on my Omnia, i've kinda trained myself not to though because I don't like the optical joystick very much ;) On that basis, I can live with it.

SF, how are you finding the TP? I have mine now, and simply don't like the form factor. Device is fast etc. etc., but it IS - as I feared - just too 'chunky'...

P

That looks sweet. Hmmm, I was thinking a Touch Pro and an Omnia but not maybe a Touch Pro and one of these! Would prefer it to have GPS though.....

BTW, Paul - is that chunky compared to my Vario II or just chunky compared to your Omnia/Diamond?

Guest Paul (MVP)

The proportions feel a bit wrong to me. It's definitely fat compared to the omnia / diamond, but because it's thin and short, the fatness makes it feel fatter than the Kaiser, even if it isn't. If that makes any sense ;)

P

Guest Syphon Filter

P

I like the Touch Pro a lot, but the screen resolution of this would be a draw. I hardly use the hardware qwerty of the TP, the new on screen keyboards are so good there's just no need. I dont find it chunky but then coming from a Kaiser/Hermes/Wizard in the past I guess you just dont notice.

This is looking like a serious winner. Higher screen res (to compete with X1 I bet), still looks just as thin as a Diamond. I could be tempted, flog the TP and get one of these instead? Missus wanted a TP so I could give her mine, get a new Compact or Vario IV on her upgrade to flog on ebay and get one of these for myself...

Also, how do Diamond users feel about this? Two flagship devices just came out and now they bring out one (literally within a month of the TP) that is in some ways better...

EDIT:

We need more info too:

1. Internal storage?

2. SD slot?

3. GPS?

4. TV out?

5. Dimensions?

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest mobiman2008
That is an AMAZING looking screen.

Would love to know it's physical size...

Device specs: 115mm x 62.8mm x 12mm

Looks pretty ready to go to me :wacko:

If I HAD to guess, i'd guess late 2008!

P

I would be sure this would be in stores ready for santa :D

Nice!

If it is a mid level device with HSDPA and no GPS it's mine.

GPS just seems to make devices really really expensive (Diamond)

Rory

It does have GPS, HSDPA and all the other bells and whistles. :(

I'm confused by the 312MB storage size in the screenshot... is that internal storage? SD? Something else?

P

I also cried out why only 328MB onboard storage, well I guess we cant have it all.. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.