The Stylus, screen lock's worst enemy!

Guest LessThanSte

Guest LessThanSte

Hello!

After having rung a few people accidently on nights out, when the phone was in my pocket asleep (turned out to be relatively easy to accidently wake it up and ring someone without me knowing, either by pressing the top bottom or the stylus coming out of its house), ive started putting the phone into keylock mode, which ive set to be initiated by holding the end key.

However, noticed this evening that when i pull the stylus out (even if the phone is asleep and locked), the screen becomes active and i can press bottoms and accidently ring people. Not really very handy, it seems like the stylus can come out relatively easy, especially if you hands are in and out of your pockets a lot (betty swallocks or not).

Ive had a hunt through the menus but cant seem to find anything on the subject, so does anyone know if its possible, and indeed where, to stop the screen from being activated on removal of the stylus? I can see the point when the screen is in use, during a call or whatever, but not when the poor thing is sleeping!

Steve

*snigger* You press bottoms to ring people?

Seriously though, I'd like to hear what the answer to this is, as I'm seriously considering getting a Diamond, and this might be a cause for concern

Guest LessThanSte

Its a sexy little minx, which is all the reason you need to buy it. Besides, in reality it isnt THAT slow, most of the time is pretty nippy (seems to struggle when coming out of the opera browser but then thats to be expected i suppose!)

Its a sexy little minx, which is all the reason you need to buy it. Besides, in reality it isnt THAT slow, most of the time is pretty nippy (seems to struggle when coming out of the opera browser but then thats to be expected i suppose!)

I'm using a Compact 3/Artemis atm and that's pretty slow with crap battery life - even tho its got a 1200 battery I need to charge it most nights, and I had a Vario before that which was too thick and heavy. My contracts due in the next 6 weeks so I'll see what Tmobile have to offer in the way of inducements