Not only is this a slim and well spec'd Windows Mobile device but it also allows you to make a call from virtually anywhere in the world, even at sea!
Specs for the device as follows:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (PPC)
- 2.6" Landscape QVGA Screen
- 3.0MP camera with flash and auto focus
- VGA front video-calling camera
- 300Mhz STN 8815 Nomadik CPU
- Dual-band WCDMA (850/1900)
- TerreStar WCDMA HSDPA 2.2 Ghz
- Quad-band GSM/EGPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
- 2.2Ghz satellite band with GMR-3G
- GPS (chip type not specified)
- 802.11b/g WiFi
- Bluetooth 2.0
- USB 2.0 with mass storage
- MicroSD slot
- QWERTY keyboard
- 1400mAh battery
- 118.8 mm x 64.8 mm x 19.25/16.25 mm (thickest/thinnest)
EB Satellite/Terrestrial Reference PDA Phone is based on the highly flexible EB platform and can be easily customized for specific target markets.
EB makes mobile terminal product development and lifecycle management simple by building your product ecosystem. EB enables customers to turn next-generation wireless technologies into exciting end-user experiences.
TerreStar plans to build, own and operate North America’s first 4G integrated mobile satellite and terrestrial communications network.
Now obviously, being a reference design, this device and it's specs are subject to change/improvement and possible modification depending on what prospective carriers may want etc. etc. but damn, talk about hyper connectivity! Obviously, not everyone needs or even wants a sat phone and let's not even mention the costs associated with satellite communications but if you're part of the niche crowd that does need sat comms, this device could well be for you! Oh and did I mention it's ever so slightly ruggedised? I imagine we can expect armed forces everywhere to be sporting these WM badboys in the not too distant future Nice work EB!
Thanks to mcwarre for the heads up!
[Via] [Product Page]