Apple has released the latest firmware for the iPhone 3G and according to the changelog, it has fixed a few issues, which are:
* Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
* Significantly better battery life for most users
* Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
* Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
* Faster installation of 3rd party applications
* Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
* Improved performance in text messaging
* Faster loading and searching of contacts
* Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
* Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
* Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
* Genius playlist creation
Good list... the version number for this firmware is v2.1.
You can download the latest firmware from http://www.apple.com...softwareupdate/ and following the steps on the website.
Have you upgraded your iPhone 3G yet? Have you noticed any improvements?