ActiveSync crashes my router....

Guest Kippax

This is weird, but everytime I sync my Touch Plus with the USB lead it syncs fine but crashes my router/WiFi connection.

It renders my laptop unable to re-establish the connection as it refuses to renew the IP address. Even if I dis-connect the phone.

The only solution is to disconnect the phone, re-start my laptop and reset the router. Nothing less will work.

As you can imagine.... it a pain in the privates.... Any idea just what is going on.

The only thing that comes to mind is that a few months ago I had a play with the settings to try and enable me to use the phone as a modem. I never succeeded, but have I knacked something in the process ?

If you go into Network Connections, it should tell you on the icons if a connection is bridged (icons in tiled view). Think you can do a right click to unbridge the connection.

If that doesn't work try going into your settings on the phone then Connections > USB to PC and untick the advanced option (only option in there) and try to reconnect. Sometimes depending on network setup the advanced features interfere with DHCP which issues the IP addresses on your network.

If that doesn't work try going into your settings on the phone then Connections > USB to PC and untick the advanced option (only option in there) and try to reconnect. Sometimes depending on network setup the advanced features interfere with DHCP which issues the IP addresses on your network.

Cool....... that worked a treat, many thanks to the pair of you.