Omnia GPS

Guest sjc22us

Guest meabigbaldguy

I use CoPilot Live 7 and it works great! I recommend doing the GPS tweaks in the registry to help with the fix time. I can get a lock within 5 - 10 seconds.

• 3 months later...
Guest dwolfuk

I currently use port splitter (Free & Dead Easy To Setup). Tom Tom 7.45 & Mortscript

portsplitter saves its settings only when you select autostart, this is a problem as then the gps is on as soon as you restart the device. so setup portsplitter, select autostart, start it, stop it, and exit.

browse with file explorer to program files\port splitter and create a new dir called settings. now copy the settings.dat from the port splitter dir to the settings dir.

assumming both port splitter and tomtom have been installed on my storage the following script for mortscript will copy the settings file from the settings dir, start port splitter, start tomtom and wait. when you close tomtom it will open port splitter, stop it, remove autostart check box and close it. this resets all the settings (and thus the need to copy the settings file everytime)

MORTSCRIPT Bits

#---------------------------------------------

#

# Tomtom & PortSplitter launcher for Samsung Omnia

#

#---------------------------------------------

# run Port Splitter

SleepMessage(2 , "Starting: ^NL^ Port Splitter ^NL^ TomTom Navigator ^NL^ Please Wait....", "GCC GPS Launcher", TRUE)

if (ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe") = 0)

Copy("My Storage\Program Files\Port Splitter\settings\Settings.dat", "My Storage\Program Files\Port Splitter\Settings.dat", TRUE)

Run("My Storage\Program Files\Port Splitter\Port Splitter.EXE")

#Message("GPS Launched")

else

SleepMessage(5 , "Port Splitter Already Launched!", "GCC GPS Launcher" TRUE)

endif

# run TomTom

if (ProcExists("TomTom Navigator.exe") = 0)

Run("My Storage\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe")

else

SleepMessage(5 , "Tomtom Already Running!", "GCC GPS Launcher" TRUE)

Show("TomTom Navigator")

endif

# wait for tomtom launched

sleep 5000

# loop/wait for TomTom exit

while (WndExists ("TomTom Navigator"))

sleep(1000)

endwhile

#Message("Tomtom exited")

sleep 40

# kill GpsGate

if (ProcExists("Port Splitter.exe"))

Run("My Storage\Program Files\Port Splitter\Port Splitter.EXE")

Show("Port Splitter V1.3")

sleep 50

MouseClick("Port Splitter V1.3", 200, 150)

sleep 40

MouseClick("Port Splitter V1.3", 75, 215)

sleep 40

MouseClick("Port Splitter V1.3", 200, 240)

#SendUp

sleep 50

#SendCR

SleepMessage(5, "TomTom Closed..^NL^Port Splitter Closed..^NL^GPS Launcher Closing..", "GCC GPS Launcher", TRUE)

else

SleepMessage(3, "Port Splitter Not Running")

endif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will help somebody and it allows me to run everything with a single click whilst tidying up and closing gps to save battery once TT7 is closed

Guest samHDS

Hi i would like to ask. with extra enabled, and i checked auto download when connected to PC. will this incur any GPRS charges? because the data will only be updated when i connect it to my computer. other than that. when i have it enabled. no data is downloaded, therefore no charges.

Am i right on this? please enlighten me.

Guest G1LIW

Given that TomTom have not publicly released a retail version of ttn7 PPC/PDA in Europe yet (and frankly, are not likely to, given their reticence to talk to user groups on the subject), one has to ask: How in heck did you lot get copies of it?

Guest illusion786

I have a little question... Why do we need to use a 3rd party app to use the gps function?

Shouldnt the gps be working out of the box without the need of any virtual port software?

• 1 month later...
Guest macv121980
GARMIN Mobile Xt is very nice and works without and extras :excl:

hi can you please tell me where can i download garmin xt for my omnia? thanks