2 replies to this topic

superdannyj

superdannyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:htc tytn2
Dear Friendly Forum Foke

I have just found my old SPV M3100 which i think is called the hermes...

operator : 14.211.1.613
rom : 2.11.61.3
date : 05/21/07
radio : 1.38.00.01
protocol : 32.71.7020.12h

So after a little hunting i found -->
ftp://xda:[email protected]/Herm..._Unlock_v3a.zip

which im guessing should unlock it so i can use it on any network in any country, so i can take it on my travels and buy local sim in whatever country i happen to be in.

But im guessing that there must be a newer version of the rom... a quick search finds me -->

http://www.business....d=1044134915191

would you say its safer to stay with an orange rom, or should i be trying a non orange rom, and if so which one... id love to give wm6.1 a try but which one would work on my m3100?

Its basically the same as the tytn2 but without the tilt and built in gps and a 2mp camera instead of 3mp, not that the ccd is any good on either.

advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

stephent

stephent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SPVM2000

Dear Friendly Forum Foke

I have just found my old SPV M3100 which i think is called the hermes...

operator : 14.211.1.613
rom : 2.11.61.3
date : 05/21/07
radio : 1.38.00.01
protocol : 32.71.7020.12h

So after a little hunting i found -->
ftp://xda:[email protected]/Herm..._Unlock_v3a.zip

which im guessing should unlock it so i can use it on any network in any country, so i can take it on my travels and buy local sim in whatever country i happen to be in.

But im guessing that there must be a newer version of the rom... a quick search finds me -->

http://www.business....d=1044134915191

would you say its safer to stay with an orange rom, or should i be trying a non orange rom, and if so which one... id love to give wm6.1 a try but which one would work on my m3100?

Its basically the same as the tytn2 but without the tilt and built in gps and a 2mp camera instead of 3mp, not that the ccd is any good on either.
advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I found a sort of upgrade to windows 6.? I've saved it as Schaps_WM6Pro_Hermes_4.31_WWE_Full.exe
and I thought it was here at MODACO I got it.

When I upgraded I got Working Bluetooth Stereo and some wm6 facilities
but lost voice recognition and some other facilities so I'm back on wm5.

fraktal

fraktal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:M3100
AFAIK the hermes ROM scene over at XDA-dev is thriving. I had one and loved it dearly but it died. If it's an old one then I would definitely flash it to the newest, flashiest ROM I could find.
Look in the XDA-dev forum under Hermes > Hermes ROM development or something, for some reason I can't get on there at the moment but usually theres loads and loads of WM6.1 ROMs made specifically for the Hermes. Or, if it needs a loving home, send it my way ;)

And yes, the camera is terrible.

Edit: It's in Forum > Hermes Mobile 6. The ROMs are generally posted in topics with lots of underscores in.

Edited by fraktal, 24 September 2008 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users