Orange shipping all Omnia's to Shops

Guest bawhonk

On Friday I agreed a new contract (£10 a month 200 txt + 300mins + £120 for Omnia) with Orange Upgrades subject to the Omnia coming back into stock.

I've just called today to get stock update, only to be told that due to the high demand all new stock will be shipped to Orange stores and will not be available to Orange Upgrade customers. ;)

The operator mentioned it would likely be at least a month before stock would available again, and also its would be unlikely I would get the same kind of deal at one of their stores.

With this unfortunate news decided on PAC code request, which is now hopefully in the post. :wacko:

Anyone know of other networks offering a similar deal?

I got a similar story from Vodafone after signing up to them with a free Omnia - I got an email stating that due to high demand for the Omnia they are out of stock and I'm on backorder (I'm still waiting). Maybe there is something in this story of a Samsung recall after all??

All i know is someone in our office had his delivered today from Voda after getting it arranged yesterday & i just helped him flash the new firmware to it. ;)

The guy he was speaking to on the phone said voda had 800 delivered & only had 109 left yesterday afternoon (i think this is direct sales).

bawhonk, if you are out of contract then you should get one. Ring retentions back when you receive your PAC code and state that the condition that if they supply an Omnia you will stay with them, otherwise you will move to O2 for the iPhone. They love the iPhone.

Edited by Helix

bawhonk, if you are out of contract then you should get one. Ring retentions back when you receive your PAC code and state that the condition that if they supply an Omnia you will stay with them, otherwise you will move to O2 for the iPhone. They love the iPhone.

If your out of contract then just cancel your contract and ask for the same deal that they've offered you to set up a new account.

Orange keeps their stock in two different warehouses, one for new customers and one for existing, they don't have stock available for upgrade but I'm told that there is stock available for new customers (also showing stock on their website). But then sometimes the answer you get can depend on who you get through to at orange.

Edited by Princy

Guest blackhorse
If your out of contract then just cancel your contract and ask for the same deal that they've offered you to set up a new account.

Orange keeps their stock in two different warehouses, one for new customers and one for existing, they don't have stock available for upgrade but I'm told that there is stock available for new customers (also showing stock on their website). But then sometimes the answer you get can depend on who you get through to at orange.

Two differant warehouses who told you that?!?!? ;)

The only warehouse we have is Banbury, sounds like someone feeding you a line a poop. <_<

You wouldnt get that deal instore, not even close, not even vaguley, i would advise just been a little more persistant our customer services

So what is the deal with this? I am gonna try again tomorrow and hopefully get a better answer other than 'the computer says no'....

lol - the funny thing is that this saga has clarified my mind and I now really want to get the Omnia. I've had both the iPhone and the Omnia in my hand these last two days and although the iPhone is a really good phone and the interface just works - I preferred the form factor of the Samsung. The iPhone crosses just too far in terms of pocketability for me - which of course will rule out the Touch HD....

Update:

I just phoned Orange CS and the guy said the Omnia is in stock - BUT then said 'Ah it's not on our upgrade list'. To say I wasn't happy was an understatement so he put me through to retentions and the guys said 'The Omnia's not available and we don't know if it ever will be'. So I asked him why is it still being sold online and at the stores and he said he couldn't tell me. So all in all BS - it looks like they are redirecting the phone stocks to the stores and online and blocking upgrade customers from getting the phone. Wow - thanks Orange - looks like I am gonna leave Orange after all - way to go to reward loyalty....

***EDIT***

The differing stock levels is true as the guy at CS admitted as much - so in other words they DO have stock but they will only sell to new customers only. They don't have different warehouses though. The retentions guy absolutely refused to give me the Omnia stating that he didn't even have the option to click on it. You can tell that they are afraid to deal with customers when they hide behind the 'computer won't let me' excuse. Well Vodafone are doing some decent deals so I will check with them today and if they have stock I will get my PAC code off Orange.

Edited by fuzzmo

Guest blackhorse
Update:

I just phoned Orange CS and the guy said the Omnia is in stock - BUT then said 'Ah it's not on our upgrade list'. To say I wasn't happy was an understatement so he put me through to retentions and the guys said 'The Omnia's not available and we don't know if it ever will be'. So I asked him why is it still being sold online and at the stores and he said he couldn't tell me. So all in all BS - it looks like they are redirecting the phone stocks to the stores and online and blocking upgrade customers from getting the phone. Wow - thanks Orange - looks like I am gonna leave Orange after all - way to go to reward loyalty....

***EDIT***

The differing stock levels is true as the guy at CS admitted as much - so in other words they DO have stock but they will only sell to new customers only. They don't have different warehouses though. The retentions guy absolutely refused to give me the Omnia stating that he didn't even have the option to click on it. You can tell that they are afraid to deal with customers when they hide behind the 'computer won't let me' excuse. Well Vodafone are doing some decent deals so I will check with them today and if they have stock I will get my PAC code off Orange.

I would try someone else in retentions, maybe he was looking for Omnia on his screen and not I900?? Ask them to check for both! lol

If memory serves me correctly its, 150, options, 1, 4, 3 gets you straight through to them and they are pretty quick to answer

Update:

***EDIT***

Thought I would my experience with Orange. I requested my PAC number about 2 weeks ago because Orange were asking for 180 pounds for the phone on my current contract. Fast forward to today. I spoke to a guy in retentions and told that they could offer the phone for 60 pounds on a 35 a month on 18 month contract. At the moment, I'm debating on going to Vodafone who are offer a similar deal but the phone for free. I've got about another week and a half to decide before the PAC expires.

Thought I would my experience with Orange. I requested my PAC number about 2 weeks ago because Orange were asking for 180 pounds for the phone on my current contract. Fast forward to today. I spoke to a guy in retentions and told that they could offer the phone for 60 pounds on a 35 a month on 18 month contract. At the moment, I'm debating on going to Vodafone who are offer a similar deal but the phone for free. I've got about another week and a half to decide before the PAC expires.

Well I ended up jumping ship from T-Mobile to Vodafone cos their offers on the Omnia simply cannot be beaten - Free Omnia, 600 Mins, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited (500Mb) internet for £35 a month (18 Month). Word of warning though - they're still out of stock (I'm still waiting for mine) and was last told that it would be early next week before they get any more stock.

Two differant warehouses who told you that?!?!? ;)

The only warehouse we have is Banbury, sounds like someone feeding you a line a poop. <_<

You wouldnt get that deal instore, not even close, not even vaguley, i would advise just been a little more persistant our customer services

Like I said, it just depends on who you get to talk to, not sure how the customer services staff are trained but a little consistency wouldn't go amiss.

I contacted them about a weeks ago about whether the i8510 was being released on the network and was told to hang on while they made inquiries and put on hold, after a couple of minutes they came back on and said no-one had even heard of the handset let alone any information regarding release on the network.

From past experience I thought I'd call back and try another rep and lo and behold, by some sort of miracle the handset was in test and due for release early October!!!

Amazing the difference 5 minutes can make in the world of Orange :wacko:

Edited by Princy

Well I ended up jumping ship from T-Mobile to Vodafone cos their offers on the Omnia simply cannot be beaten - Free Omnia, 600 Mins, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited (500Mb) internet for £35 a month (18 Month). Word of warning though - they're still out of stock (I'm still waiting for mine) and was last told that it would be early next week before they get any more stock.

Have you checked with them recently. On the vodafone forums, one of the vf admin guys posted on a stock update thread yesterday 12pm ish saying they had a new batch just come in.

*Edit* - Ok they sold out pretty damn quickly again. This is where you can check vodafone stock levels for the omnia

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7159

Edited by futura

Guest blackhorse

If you can get them to add unlimited data i would probably take them up

So you spoke to them today and they offered you the phone? Lol - what is it with Orange? BTW the guy clearly knew what I was asking for and then said that he just couldn't give me the phone. FOr some reason he thought I might be swayed by the Tocco - I mean seriously if I want an Omnia why would I settle for a Tocco?....

I'll try again one more time but anymore rubbish and it's PAC code time. TBH I don't want to leave Orange but am tired of them thinking I'm a mug after 9 years service...

So you spoke to them today and they offered you the phone? Lol - what is it with Orange? BTW the guy clearly knew what I was asking for and then said that he just couldn't give me the phone. FOr some reason he thought I might be swayed by the Tocco - I mean seriously if I want an Omnia why would I settle for a Tocco?....

I'll try again one more time but anymore rubbish and it's PAC code time. TBH I don't want to leave Orange but am tired of them thinking I'm a mug after 9 years service...

Aaaand orange don't have it in - I think half the staff must go on their list of phones available on the upgrade list which doesn't have the Omnia but does have the Diamond as coming soon <_< No timeline as to when is coming back in stock.

I think next time vodafone update their stock thread on their forum to say its in, I'm signing up with them.

Nice to know it's not just me getting the usual array of answers from Orange when trying to get this phone! Was told at first that it had been recalled and was never being released, though the lady was unsure why, then it was due in today, now they say due in next Monday. Stating out of stock on existing customers portal on their site, but was in sotck until today on the new customers part.

Reckon it's worth waiting? That Vodafone deal sounds pretty damn good.

Nice to know it's not just me getting the usual array of answers from Orange when trying to get this phone! Was told at first that it had been recalled and was never being released, though the lady was unsure why, then it was due in today, now they say due in next Monday. Stating out of stock on existing customers portal on their site, but was in sotck until today on the new customers part.

Reckon it's worth waiting? That Vodafone deal sounds pretty damn good.

Tough call. If you have a look at the Vodafone's own forum, seems like people are having problems with stock as well. Also the Vodafone branded firmware is a little buggy (auto pickup of calls), so they are in need of a firmware fix.

Tough call. If you have a look at the Vodafone's own forum, seems like people are having problems with stock as well. Also the Vodafone branded firmware is a little buggy (auto pickup of calls), so they are in need of a firmware fix.

Yeah had noticed that this morning. Just tried Orange again and been told they are discontinuing the i900 totally due to software issues and it's not being sold to anyone at all! I pointed out that they are selling it, but to new customers at which point she told me they'd never get their phone.

Gotta love 'em ;)

Anyone know where does have them in stock? Not the most patient person!

Edited by timking

Hey guys well I am on my 3rd phone upgrade and recently changed from an older dolphin 35 plan with 200 minutes + 300 text to a new version with 600 minutes + unlimited text + a bonus unlimited internet usage + I got the £5 web discount, walked into an orange shop got my Omnia on monday. Paid 50 quid which was fair enough, got 10% permanently off my line rental as i am apparently a vip loyalty customer. I honestly have never been treated so well by any company ever. LOL. So basically I get my phone rental dolphin 35 for actually £27 + free internet just as a bonus and my omnia. I cant get how everyone else has had so much hassle. ;)

Yeah had noticed that this morning. Just tried Orange again and been told they are discontinuing the i900 totally due to software issues and it's not being sold to anyone at all! I pointed out that they are selling it, but to new customers at which point she told me they'd never get their phone.

Gotta love 'em ;)

Anyone know where does have them in stock? Not the most patient person!

That is just insane! So we have Orange reps who are selling to new customers, shops that are selling to new customers, online store selling to new customers, online store saying it is sold out for upgrades (NOT discontinued), and Orange rep who was still selling to a lucky customer as an upgrade and finally someone who managed to get the upgrade in store with bonus contract offer (which I am surprised at given that the stores don't tend to offer anything bar the standard).

And then we have Orange reps who say the computer won't allow it through upgrades, an Orange rep who says it is out of stock for upgrades but available to new (differing stock levels) customers, and Orange reps who say it is discontinued but cannot answer why they are still selling it to new customers?

Have I covered everything? Orange is a truly bizarre company - if it is truly 'software issues' then I can only conclude that they cannot get their Orange crapware onto it hence they want to drop the phone (I note that none of the phones Orange have supplied have their software on it). However I think it is because they are low on stock and want to maximise their revenue and sell it to new customers - they know that their current customers will want it for free with money off their line rental (well yeah - what price loyalty?).

They are in a strong position because Vodafone stocks are low (they seem to have the best talk plan deals with the phone). I can guarantee that in a months time when stocks become freely available (i.e. when the N96 makes it debut) they'll be begging for you to take it off their hands.... by then though, we will be a month away (I guess) from the Touch HD....

The irony of this is that I was offered the Omnia on the 16th - but didn't know enough about it to take it up... ah well - may as well play the waiting game....

Guest blackhorse
That is just insane! So we have Orange reps who are selling to new customers, shops that are selling to new customers, online store selling to new customers, online store saying it is sold out for upgrades (NOT discontinued), and Orange rep who was still selling to a lucky customer as an upgrade and finally someone who managed to get the upgrade in store with bonus contract offer (which I am surprised at given that the stores don't tend to offer anything bar the standard).

And then we have Orange reps who say the computer won't allow it through upgrades, an Orange rep who says it is out of stock for upgrades but available to new (differing stock levels) customers, and Orange reps who say it is discontinued but cannot answer why they are still selling it to new customers?

Have I covered everything? Orange is a truly bizarre company - if it is truly 'software issues' then I can only conclude that they cannot get their Orange crapware onto it hence they want to drop the phone (I note that none of the phones Orange have supplied have their software on it). However I think it is because they are low on stock and want to maximise their revenue and sell it to new customers - they know that their current customers will want it for free with money off their line rental (well yeah - what price loyalty?).

They are in a strong position because Vodafone stocks are low (they seem to have the best talk plan deals with the phone). I can guarantee that in a months time when stocks become freely available (i.e. when the N96 makes it debut) they'll be begging for you to take it off their hands.... by then though, we will be a month away (I guess) from the Touch HD....

The irony of this is that I was offered the Omnia on the 16th - but didn't know enough about it to take it up... ah well - may as well play the waiting game....

We have them in stock and give them to anyone that asks for an upgrade, most stores i know will. (although its still £49.99 on band 5 last i checked) Yes i work for Orange in retail

We have them in stock and give them to anyone that asks for an upgrade, most stores i know will. (although its still £49.99 on band 5 last i checked) Yes i work for Orange in retail

I know ;) and your advice has proved invaluable on this forum. So as far as you know it is business as usual with the Omnia? I know I can get it in store but if I go through CS I should be able to get it for free.... If it is business as usual then it is probably down to stock levels - I seriously wouldn't have a problem if they told me the truth but all this manouvering etc. is really annoying and shows a complete lack of respect for the customer...

I know ;) and your advice has proved invaluable on this forum. So as far as you know it is business as usual with the Omnia? I know I can get it in store but if I go through CS I should be able to get it for free.... If it is business as usual then it is probably down to stock levels - I seriously wouldn't have a problem if they told me the truth but all this manouvering etc. is really annoying and shows a complete lack of respect for the customer...

Couldn't agree more, I'm awaiting the email address of one of the UK directors and will be dropping him an email this week to register my concern over how I've been treated. It's just slack really, as like you say, the truth would be fine, but that isn't what we get!