MyWords Edit and Button Function change

Guest pc99pc

Morning all...

I'd like some help with a couple of things. Firstly I want to edit the "mywords.dct" file. I found a utility called dicteditor but this only works with WM 5 and below - I've got 6. Anyone got something/a way that will enable me to do this?

Secondly, when the phone rings I'd love to be able to use the big central button to answer - can't seem to find a way to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Phil

• 1 month later...
Morning all...

I'd like some help with a couple of things. Firstly I want to edit the "mywords.dct" file. I found a utility called dicteditor but this only works with WM 5 and below - I've got 6. Anyone got something/a way that will enable me to do this?

Secondly, when the phone rings I'd love to be able to use the big central button to answer - can't seem to find a way to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Phil

can nobody help with this? at all... even a bit? :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest taeksoo
Morning all...

Thanks in advance

Phil

You can go to Start -> Settings --> Personal (Tab).. launch 'Input'

click 'Options..' from the 'Input Method' tab.. Then click 'XT9 Dictionaries'..

Then click 'XT9 My Words'.. there you can add your own words.

You can also add/remove from 'XT9 Auto-Substitution'.

I don't use these but maybe this is what you're looking for.

For you second point.. not sure how to do that.. but, if the answer button is right next to it.. I don't see

why you can't just use the answer key then the center button.

Good luck finding it.

Taeksoo