Having had my Touch for over a year and thoroughly clogged it up with all sorts of different programmes, I'm planning on doing a complete rebuild from scratch, i.e. hard-reset to factory settings and just reload the essentials. A number of questions loom:
1. What's the best way to do a hard-reset?
2. Will i lose all the Orange settings for SMS/MMS/WAP etc.? If so, how can i restore these?
3. I did the page-pool tweak some time ago - will I lose this?
4. What about a new ROM - any recommendations?
5. Any other recommendations/advice??
I've done this a number of times using a full hard reset.
This reloads the default settings (think of a fresh windows install) then runs the network customisation.
Basically it returns it to how you got it when you opened the box the first time.
I also have a orange touch so confirm this works.
Answers to your specific questions:
1. I would do a hard reset
2. deault Orange settings were retained
3. yes you'd need to redo this.
4. Well if you want need a feature of a new ROM then you will need to load the new ROM (hard reset just returns to factory state)
Of course since this I've nerfed my phone through various hacks and manual unlocks ! Hence the recommendation to do a reset and see if this meets your needs before trying ROMs.