Official New Rom: i900DZHH3

Guest GSeeker2

Guest tropolite
aside from chinese input, any other difference with DX?

Yep that's about it in changes visually anyway.

Not too sure why this update was around 50Mb bigger than the previous updates (DXHG4, HH1, HH3, etc)

After flashing from HH3 (from this site) here's the version data

PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3

Phone: i900DXHH3

Memory is increased in use slightly from the standard DXHH3 firmware

The firmware flashing went fine.

(Used the XP version as that has been tried and seems more reliable)

I'll probaby go back to the standard DXHH3 tomorra after seeing how battery life is on this build. Then again I may see what becomes available in the next couple days on this site ...

Guest SozzaSinnian

Yup, link working again but I'll give it a miss as don't need chinese lol

I wonder when we'll get the first English build with LifeDiary in?

P

Me too! Checked my simlock and my phone is fully unlocked! Once I flash it with a 'true' English rom and get the housing replaced I will have a fully generic I900 for free (Minus cost of phone housing lol)

Cheers Voda!

If Samsung released DZHH3 and did not go straight to DXHI1, it looks like they want to release a DX and DZ version of the firmware (with and without chinese input).

Curious to see if their next official update will be DXHI1.

Guest landslot
So, is the rom on Samsung Singapure site in English and can I put DZ rom in device that has DX rom?

Ya its works.. just flash mine last night. Overall not much diff from the both HH3

Will be waiting for the review on the HI1 before i do my flashing again... ( almost once a week from the time i get my i900) lol

landslot

Guest Amerikiwi

I'm going to upgrade to new Singapore ROM from DXGH4.

If I used Sprite backup can I restore all my programs and settings or is it better to fresh install everything? Its just that I got the phone setup just the way I like it now.

My existing sprite backup is set to bacup 'all' inclding micro SD (except 'my music' folder). So if I copy this bacup to my PC and then 'hard reset', then upgrade new ROM then install sprite and put backup back on SD card and restore from there. Will this work??

Edited by Amerikiwi

Guest dj sonic boom

Amerikiwi -

I'm not sure if Sprite will work. I just flashed the new Singapore ROM and lost even stuff on 'my storage'.

If files are on the PC using activesync, then you should be able to restore.

Other than that, the ROM works great!

Hey this is the new rom out for Singapore and Malaysia i900 users:

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/sg/sub02_xp.jsp

Enjoy it.

I haven't tested it yet ;)

UPDATE: Yes, i've flashed it.

unfortunately, there is almost NOTHING new compared to DXHH3, NOTHING.

Storage/free: 90.76MB/49.56MB

Program/free: 96.71MB/59.62MB

WinCE 20270.1.3.1,

PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3 PHONE: i900DXHH3

Chinese Input is included

please can you tell me as i am new to this can i use this update when i get my i900 on monday as you say it is a singapore rom can it be used in the uk on a uk phone. regards.

Guest CashMonkey
Amerikiwi -

I'm not sure if Sprite will work. I just flashed the new Singapore ROM and lost even stuff on 'my storage'.

If files are on the PC using activesync, then you should be able to restore.

Other than that, the ROM works great!

I agree - I've been using for 24 hours now. My biggest issue with the other HH3 was the terrible and random battery issues...with this ROM, to date, no problems. I did a couple of things when I did upgrade like a hard reset immediately after the update, and a full (power off) charge up to green. I did have to change the phone to Singapore (interestingly mine was set for Phillipines) prior...after that, no issues.

The ROM is still up on the site by the way...

Guest thegoodly
please can you tell me as i am new to this can i use this update when i get my i900 on monday as you say it is a singapore rom can it be used in the uk on a uk phone. regards.

yes, i updated to hh3, mine was origonaly a uk gh5, i have now since upgrade to HI1, would recommend that one! unless you want to stick to the official rom.

yes, i updated to hh3, mine was origonaly a uk gh5, i have now since upgrade to HI1, would recommend that one! unless you want to stick to the official rom.

[thanks for the info so i am rite in saying that if i upgrade to DZHH3 i can use it in the uk in english lang as i am getting confused with all the diferent roms out.Regards]

Edited by skanska

Guest Reuben (MY)

the one they upload is used by service center. i sent a mail to their support asking them to upload to the web and few days later it was uploaded.

well, nothing much in terms of enhancement, DZ is purely for SG MY because this 2 country uses chinese input most. besides this, nothing is updated.

the one they upload is used by service center. i sent a mail to their support asking them to upload to the web and few days later it was uploaded.

well, nothing much in terms of enhancement, DZ is purely for SG MY because this 2 country uses chinese input most. besides this, nothing is updated.

is the basic language English or another language?

Guest respider

just upgrade mine, I was extremely afraid but everything went well

I used XP machine and official ROM. I had to change the country because I was getting wrong version (aparently mine was Philipine)

After upgrade the firmware appears DX not DZ, is that normal?

I'm loving the scroll in the menus, I was at GH3 =)

Guest CashMonkey
just upgrade mine, I was extremely afraid but everything went well

I used XP machine and official ROM. I had to change the country because I was getting wrong version (aparently mine was Philipine)

After upgrade the firmware appears DX not DZ, is that normal?

I'm loving the scroll in the menus, I was at GH3 =)

Seems the Phone is DX and the PDA DZ...in terms of functionality it is the same bar the chinese inputs....but in my case the battery issues I had with the previous HH3 have gone...so to avoid any further suffering I will leave alone....until the next ROM ;)

Guest respider
Seems the Phone is DX and the PDA DZ...in terms of functionality it is the same bar the chinese inputs....but in my case the battery issues I had with the previous HH3 have gone...so to avoid any further suffering I will leave alone....until the next ROM ;)

nice to hear that...

well, its been some hours since I upgraded and the battery bar simply didnt move yet, seems ok!

tell me something, now that the phone and pda versions are different (DX and DZ), the next time I upgrade the ROM I need to do something different or they always upgrade together?

Guest pdaphonemaster
nice to hear that...

well, its been some hours since I upgraded and the battery bar simply didnt move yet, seems ok!

tell me something, now that the phone and pda versions are different (DX and DZ), the next time I upgrade the ROM I need to do something different or they always upgrade together?

I upgraded to this DZHH3 from DXHG4 yesterday. I now have battery drain issue which I didn't have. It went from 100% (green light) to 10% battery warning in just 5 hours. The phone was in standby, WiFi was off, bluetooth off, no running programs, etc. Does anyone who have upgraded to DZHH3 have similary battery drain issue?

I upgraded to this DZHH3 from DXHG4 yesterday. I now have battery drain issue which I didn't have. It went from 100% (green light) to 10% battery warning in just 5 hours. The phone was in standby, WiFi was off, bluetooth off, no running programs, etc. Does anyone who have upgraded to DZHH3 have similary battery drain issue?

upgraded mine to this new firmware soon as it came out, was on my way to Chicago from LA(driving). about 3 hours of music, an hour of navigation and about 2 hours of chit-chat with friends, still have 40% remaining.

Guest pdaphonemaster
upgraded mine to this new firmware soon as it came out, was on my way to Chicago from LA(driving). about 3 hours of music, an hour of navigation and about 2 hours of chit-chat with friends, still have 40% remaining.

Well, in my case, I followed the steps outlined in this forum - flash and hard rest.

The battery went from 100% to 90 in just under 5 hours, then from 90% to 10% in just 10 minutes!

I went back to DXHG4 for now.

Guest geogetski666
Well, in my case, I followed the steps outlined in this forum - flash and hard rest.

The battery went from 100% to 90 in just under 5 hours, then from 90% to 10% in just 10 minutes!

i also got that hehe i just flashed to DXHI1 now and alls looking fine for 8 hrs now ;)

Guest Watcher_q

Load DXHI1 instead. Like others discovered, the battery is great. I had the original F8 version and after upgrading to HH3 at a Samsung station, the battery was ridiculous (15 hrs of standby without any call data or voice, no bluetooth, no wifi, nothing and battery dropped from 4 to 1 bar). Bit the bullet to go HI1 instead and hey it works great.

Guest CashMonkey

I'm wondering whether this battery thing IS related to the way we flash it? For example, did you all hard reset the phone each time straight away? It all seems to bizarre to be related to ROM versions...something else is going on here?