Manila 2D Ported to Omnia

Guest Omnia_1

Guest ferrari85
If you bothered reading the previous page you'd see that Michael has put screens up, he had it running but stated it looks strange in QVGA format.... Also he said there's no left/right gestures to move through the tabs is that true?

I've installed it on my omnia as well, looks wierd since its in QVGA (just like michael's screenies). That said, it's pretty zippy with no lag at all, so smooth. Basically, u just slide along the tab bar to move thru the tabs.

I've installed it on my omnia as well, looks wierd since its in QVGA (just like michael's screenies). That said, it's pretty zippy with no lag at all, so smooth. Basically, u just slide along the tab bar to move thru the tabs.

Ah I see, so its similar to ThrottleLauncher, cool.

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest ferrari85
Manilla 2d Settings to display Manilla2d right on the omnia (240x400).

<HTCHome version="3.00.0" device="OPAL" portrait="0,0,240,388" landscape="0,0,320,268">

<Property name="IDTABWG_WIDGET_RECT"				 id="0" value="0,0,240,310, 0,0,400,230" />

<Property name="IDTABWG_TAB_RECT"					id="2" value="0,297,240,51, 0,217,400,51" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_MASK_RECT"		   id="0"   value="23, 50, 195, 290" />

<Property name="IDMSGWG_MESSAGE_TXT_RECT"			id="3"  value="25, 47, 169, 240" />

To have the background also full resolution, put your own choice of wallpaper in the following file with the suggested resolution...

hh_fw_background.png (240x348)

You've got it to work? Alright! Any screenies? ;)

You've got it to work? Alright! Any screenies? :wacko:

captureys0.th.pngthpix.gif

Got the background by searching google for it and resized it.. ;) Also this (the changes in htchomesettings.xml) is just a quick hack and a proof of concept for me.. I dislike manilla at the moment because of the internal storage memory usage(13MB!) and not being able to put the majority of files on the storage card, where there's plenty of room...

Wallpapers: http://www.mobilepark.eu/wallpapers/240x400/

Resize them to the right size (See earlier)

Edited by us1111

Guest ferrari85
captureys0.th.pngthpix.gif

Got the background by searching google for it and resized it.. ;) Also this (the changes in htchomesettings.xml) is just a quick hack and a proof of concept for me.. I dislike manilla at the moment because of the internal storage memory usage(13MB!) and not being able to put the majority of files on the storage card, where there's plenty of room...

Wallpapers: http://www.mobilepark.eu/wallpapers/240x400/

Resize them to the right size (See earlier)

Thanks for the screenies, looked great :wacko: Yea, the memory usage is abit of a problem. Maybe the png files can be stored in the storage?

That looks SWEET!

No doubt a lot of the stuff being put internally can be put in My Storage.

;)

P

Actually, that can be done.. The htchomesettings.xml makes a reference to the base dir of all images:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

All the gifs, pngs en jpgs are placed in the /windows directory, which takes about 2MB of extra memory. A quick win would be placing these files on the storage card. However I'm a bit too lazy to actually implement this.. For example, you cannot simply select all hh_* files because some are needed in /Windows. You have to make a script which selects all files from the XML and moves them. After that replace the "\Windows" tag with the new location.

I suppose there are more areas in which the same could be done. You probably have to scan the registry for files which are placed in /windows and redirect them to the storage card... Best thing would be to automate those things.

Edited by us1111

Actually, that can be done.. The htchomesettings.xml makes a reference to the base dir of all images:

All the gifs, pngs en jpgs are placed in the /windows directory, which takes about 2MB of extra memory. A quick win would be placing these files on the storage card. However I'm a bit too lazy to actually implement this.. For example, you cannot simply select all hh_* files because some are needed in /Windows. You have to make a script which selects all files from the XML and moves them. After that replace the "\Windows" tag with the new location.

I suppose there are more areas in which the same could be done. You probably have to scan the registry for files which are placed in /windows and redirect them to the storage card... Best thing would be to automate those things.

Possibly SKTools might also be able to move some of those apps and automatically apply registry settings too, keep in mind it may not work 100% as some apps have read-only files and cant be moved.

I hope you dont mind I put your screener on the first post?

I think it be a good idea if other applicable things you're posting are there too, what do you think?

Edited by Omnia_1

all skins work really well. just resize the background png and replace the htchomesettings with the omnia one and you are ready!

screen001aw5.png

can you tell more about using this app is it better then SPB mobile shell?,

I want to know if there is custom manila dialer/call log/contacts or it using default WM6 app? did contact have T9 find?

Edited by pp56825

can you tell more about using this app is it better then SPB mobile shell?,

I want to know if there is custom manila dialer/call log/contacts or it using default WM6 app?

the manilla dialer (opal dialer) is another thing that works only on qvga yet.

Call log, and contacts app remain the same (samsung oem)

here is my personalization

its nice but i'm looking for something which replace me all WM apps. dialer/call log/sms/mail/contacts and where i can change skin to some black one.

HY i have download the 0.10_M2d_Files, i have installed the files 1-13 on the intern strorage. The Opera cab goes not under intern strorage i have installed in my device but i canot the number 15 install. by new 2d manila beta 0.10.cab not in the intern strorage and not in my device what i make wrong???

I have in intern strorage 5gb on the device 20 MB free

I hope you can help me sorry for my englisch :-)

Possibly SKTools might also be able to move some of those apps and automatically apply registry settings too, keep in mind it may not work 100% as some apps have read-only files and cant be moved.

I hope you dont mind I put your screener on the first post?

I think it be a good idea if other applicable things you're posting are there too, what do you think?

No problem at all.. I'm really glad i could be of some help! Also nice to see that there's progress with the file location also.. If memory usage is minimized, we have a winner here!

the manilla dialer (opal dialer) is another thing that works only on qvga yet.

Call log, and contacts app remain the same (samsung oem)

I believe that you can use iContact for contacts and it will use it.. I tought i saw that on mine...

Guest ferrari85

I tried to installed it again last night, looking to try out the new xml and some skins. Worked well like i said last time, but i had some problems with the skin. Tried to copy and overwrite the png files, but was rejected (the usual check that its not read-only etc). I've already disabled the plugin under today settings, but still wasnt able to copy the files over =(

Guest flamehawk
I tried to installed it again last night, looking to try out the new xml and some skins. Worked well like i said last time, but i had some problems with the skin. Tried to copy and overwrite the png files, but was rejected (the usual check that its not read-only etc). I've already disabled the plugin under today settings, but still wasnt able to copy the files over =(

I get the same problem when I try to overwite the installed settings xml file and background png file with the omnia modified ones and pur them in the manilagfx folder under \windows on the device's main memory. Has anyone else managed to get around this file copy problem