Having had my MDA Compact IV for a few days, I must say that it is growing on me.
I did think I would get a huge buzz immediately as I upgraded from an original MDA Vario but it didn't exite the way I thought. Maybe expecting too much
Am finding new things which amaze all the time and getting used to the interface.
I was waiting for the Touch Pro on TMob but decided to go with the Diamond version as PC Pro said that issues had been resolved with a Rom upgrade. Was told by TMob that new rom was on these phones Also decided I don't need the hardware keyboard cause although it looks much better than the Vario, I never used it and got frustrated when I tried. I am quicker pecking with a stylus on the screen keybard and that at least lets me scroll to where I want easliy.
I use the device for business purposes and need all the Exchange server/business connection stuff much more than any media type stuff. Thought the TPro might be better for that but if not using the hardware keyboard, only extra memory and expandable storage is the difference.
There does seem to be a few bugs that I have found, some of which have been mentioned in reviews etc (especially PC Pro magazine), namely:
1) on-screen qwerty keyboard obscures the line of text you are inputting
2) Touch3D seems sluggish at times and skips to another area of the screen as it catches up with what you are pressing
3) backlight doesn't come on. Had to restart the device yesderday to get it to work
4) initial setup; the screen alingment didn't work. nothing happens when pressing the crosshairs for about five minutes then it moves to the next area. This sometimes doesn't work at all and needs a reboot
5) having to realign screen a few times as the close x button and right hand side scroll bar are unresponsive. They need a great deal of pressure to use accurately sometimes(Maybe that is just me not being used to the new device? How do I increase screen touch sensitivity?)
6) Standard factory Rom from July 08 on phone, probably explains some of the above issues (Will TMob get a new Rom out, if not, shouldn't we be bombarding them with emails asking to do so?)
will think of more but that is the list so far.