Please help, my diamond running empty on rom space!

Guest Espensodal

Guest Espensodal

I got my diamond back from service almost a week agao, however it is nearing its capacity regarding space that is not on internal storage.

I install all programs on internal storage, as well as put all my cab files there.

However the device storage is filling up to the brim, and i cant identify why. all my temp folders are empty etc.

Can anyone help me? maybe theres an app to clean up unnecesary files?

Thanks!

Guest estechco
Are you ActiveSyncing emails / calendar? They can add up, and are normally stored in the root of the device (cemail.vol, pim,vol, etc)

Could it by your browsing cache/history under (Settings->Privacy)?

This causes mine to fill up from time to time

Edited by estechco

Guest Espensodal
Are you ActiveSyncing emails / calendar? They can add up, and are normally stored in the root of the device (cemail.vol, pim,vol, etc)

I dont think it would be this.im using my workphone (HTC VOX) for those purposes. My PIM and CEmail is at 604K and224K so it's trivial.

Regarding settings-->privacy data, i cant seem to find this option in settings somehow (seems kinda wierd i know) is it a folder in root accessed with explorer, or in the phone settings?

I noticed the problem when i changed theme on the device from xda developers when my device space had been reduced from like 50mb? to under 20mb. now its like 12 mb so its steadily declining.

This progress will eventually lead to a hard reset of the device, after which it will hopefully not start all over again.

I have posted a thread in xda forum and asked if the themes makes this mess, but noone is replying to it.

Guest Espensodal

I just did a hard reset, hopefully this will solve it, and if it dont i might get to collect some more info as to whats happening when ;)

thank you for the replies guys:)

Guest Espensodal

It seems, after hard reset and re-aplying the theme i used last time, this used a whooping 15mb of device storage. what is worse, the program that applies the themes doesnt seem to delete the files, so if u install a new one it will further consume your device storage.

Dont switch theme guys ;)

Guest Neil5459
It's a shame there isn't a tool like TreeSize for Windows Mobile, particularly as space is so critical at times.

(Or there is a tool, and I've missed it?)

The only one I invariably load on my devices is Tillanosoft Spacefinder . The free version is quite adequate for most use, as the paid version only seems to add a pointless Pie Chart.

It is a tiny app (73KB I think) and works on all PocketPC/Windows Mobile Pro/Classic devices.

Not without its foibles! The Windows folder lists ROM files as well as those that can be removed. Has a atg/purge function for multiple file removals within any folder, and each of the Storage locations can be shown.